Moonspear so be prepared for a chance of a lifetime; be prepared for sensational news
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
There was but a hint pride in her eye as her brother responded to her. 

She listened to his words, mindful of his observations. 

I do not think our father is weak, Hydra concurred. For all of my life, I have respected him. Trusted him. We have always been of one mind, our family, Hydra acknowledged, too, at length, and here she sucked in a deep breath. but he is not himself as of late. He is not sick, that we would smell on him... she shifted her gaze to the horizon: perhaps he is hiding something. 

Hydra shifted her weight, and turned to Revui. If he truly wanted this, she spoke of normalcy, I do not think he would speak so of me. And I imagine he may have shared such sentiments with your brother, in some way, she hummed. And change? Hydra rumbled. This mountain is ours, she breathed, Our brothers, our sisters. He knows that my time is coming, she breathed. What could change that? He cannot defeat time—though if he brings to our mountain new blood of anothers womb... he may seek to displace me. She would simply be the first; her gaze lingered upon Revui. It would be a matter of time before he, too, fell victim to this circumstance. I think... perhaps... he is preparing for this potential change. That he would turn you against me, maybe Arcturus, too, she feared. Dread pooled in her stomach.

Surely he would come to her, as Revui had? 

She did not seek to shake faith in their father. Not without being certain, in any case. 

None of it makes sense, brother. And I do not want to think it. The truth will come, Hydra sighed through her nose, if it is not already here. But for now, I will trust in Speedy, she determined. I will speak with father in regards to his disrespect. And I will never so much as allude to you. For the first time he did so was... well, in favor of Speedy, Hydra huffed at this reminder, finding that it rather stung, and that is what I will refer to, and only that. I will never betray you. I will always fight for you. For us.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: so be prepared for a chance of a lifetime; be prepared for sensational news - by Hydra - May 21, 2019, 08:08 PM