Moonspear I wear my long black dress, and a veil of disaster
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra had not expected his rejoinder, and so came a rare look from the matriarch as she looked to him. Delight twinkled in her eyes, and upon her lips in this moment was more smile than wolfish grin. Dragomir was learning, and understanding, the ways of the wild... cruel though they could be. And at the same token, embracing Moonspears way. Truth be told, were the food less scarce than it was she would have been less frustrated by the newcomers... but this could not stand, with things having been as they were. They had allies enough for the time that was upon them, and so Hydra did not consider such; and given Moonspears territory boasted precious little by way of large game, the matriarch became all the more tenacious in prowling wherever she could (nearby) for evidence that they might be elsewhere.

And so, Hydra nodded. Yes, she confirmed with the sway of her tail. and we will. There are those that believe they are entitled to the lay of the land simply because it is unclaimed; but with resources as limited as they are, they will come to find that is not the case. The food that is found is not for those passing through this Wilderness, nor for those that do not align themselves to Moonspear. Our allies may partake, given they assist in maintaining our stronghold upon the Wilderness, she explained, before finishing with: For our family to survive, and thrive as I desire you too, we must eat. Food sustains us for both the hunt, and the fight. 

It was important for him to understand that at the root of it all, all they did was for one anothers continued survival. That was pack. Selfish though her grandiose claim over territories such as the Glen, and even Bramblepoint here and now, might be... Hydra cared little for that, and most of all for her own. The rest could perish. 

As he admitted to her that he had not trained in recent days with her brother, Hydra did feel what he had suspected she might (not that her now stoic features revealed such)... though only briefly, as he explained why this was. Hydra watched the stone that descended downward, ear twitching as she heard its edges rebound against whatever it collided with on the way down. His actions alone revealed to her his lack of fortune in that task. I have been, too, she revealed, nostrils flaring as a fierce wind came then. And not just her, either. He was not alone in his hunt for Isilme, though Hydra wondered by now if the girl was Isilme any longer herself, thinking perhaps she had taken after Aurewen-now-Andraste entirely. Still, Hydra was relentless. She would hunt all of her life until she knew the truth of it. It was her nature. 

She would do the very same for Vela, even though she assumed her dead. Perhaps someday she might come across evidence to the contrary. Terribly, and not unlike Dragomir, she hoped she would not if it meant that Vela had willfully left Moonspear to return to these wilds and not tell her when times had been so dire... it was not as though the freckled girl did not know her own sisters feelings on the matter. 

Not knowing what emotions this might yield, and recalling too keenly Dragomir's sadness to know that he had been abandoned by his mother, Hydra hoped to bring the topic back to what she had hoped to focus on; she was not at all equipped to deal with such things. Any sadness Hydra herself had experienced she (unhealthily) translated into something, though hardly better, that she did. Anger, aggression, something she could do something with or about. Sadness had never given her answers, only more questions—questions without answers. 

And she hated that most of all. 

When it came to sadness, she would likely alway be out of her depth; she was not a very compassionate wolf, though she was a present one at the very least. She could be there as an ear. Hydra far more preferred delivering wounds than healing them, but she did what she could when the latter was absolutely required of her. Never would the matriarch turn tail from the plight of others that she truly cared for. 

He must, she imagined, feel powerless for his failing to find his own sister; and so, as thoughtful as she could be in the moment, Hydra hoped to give him some of it back in taking control of their moment with one another. Strangely enough, the power of making a simple decision was not one to be thought little of... not when one felt they hardly had the ability to, otherwise, due to the circumstances of, well, life. We will train now, then, if you would like, she offered, though left him room to decline. If he did not, Hydra offered: what is it you would like to focus on today? 

idk where the HECK all this writing came from, v sorry
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: I wear my long black dress, and a veil of disaster - by Hydra - December 06, 2019, 01:43 PM