the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Private 
@Jarilo ! dated some hours after whiteout

Hydra traveled with her brother toward where she knew the fallen mammal had last been. By the time they arrived there together, there was nothing left of the thing but for the most measly of scraps and its bones. Hydra had been well-sated by her own fill of it, and was pleased for her hunt... chaotic though it could have become, it had not. The lone wolf had retreated and none of her pack present had been harmed, herself or her brother included... and a majority of their hunters had been fed. She had hoped for something more than this to be present for her brother when they arrived, but had suspected—and had said—that they likely might not find much else to it now

But there was sustenance to be found in bones, and enough there for him to at least fill his stomach with something. Hydra had brought him here for more reason than one, and her ear twitched as she drawled, we found her in a whiteout. It must have been separated from its herd. The conditions had not permitted investigation... and covered the tracks of all that had been came and went. But the fact remained: there must be a herd somewhere near. Prey could be returning; perhaps it would clambor upon their mountain again sooner rather than later. Hydra wanted to get a good hunt in before the full savagery of winter took a hold on the wilds.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
couldn't give me a myth, so I had to write my own - by Hydra - December 10, 2019, 07:47 PM