Firefly Glen couldn't give me a myth, so I had to write my own
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The matriarch nodded to her brother, agreeing to both points. If not, whatever coyotes we find that come too close we can do as we ever do, take them down, and as for loners... well, we will take care of them too. Case by case, with them; some were worth keeping, and others were better off chased away if they were keen to take what was not theirs. As far as scouting the lowlands, it did not seem so bad an idea. Keep to the Wilderness, she advised, because as far as she was concerned the whole of it would someday be theirs. It would not do to be possessive over more than that, though perhaps one of her progeny could continue her great work; an Ostrega manning the Wilderness, and one of her children inheriting the Sunspire from Mahler with his own cub—

Hydra would be the one to accomplish it all. What would be would be, and where there was a will there was a way; Hydra had that will. 

Sniffing at the carcass now and placing her teeth upon the creatures ribs, Hydra settled a heavy paw against the bulk of it as she began to tug away at it. It would be a good plaything for her cubs, she determined... but then her eyes drifted to the skull. Thinking of how @Osiris had begun mimicking her in his own collection, Hydra determined to bring this home to him too from this days trip. 

When Jarilo next spoke, she paused in her prying and licked her chops. Perhaps, she admitted. Neverwinter recently learned we do not take kindly to those taking food from the Glen; I am not certain with the prey. This find seems promising, she revealed, but I do not think the hard times are over yet. Hydra's own clock was similar to her mothers, so she sensed the arrival and nearness of that day. As for the final question, Hydra looked to him with a sigh. 

My reign has just begun, truly. The season of womens heat approaches. I must establish my authority over all of the women again so we do not have a repeat of last year, she drawled, huffing, and hope that Dirge takes control of the men; you have always been able to resist the pull of it, Jarilo. But I think you are like our mother, and myself. You wait for the worthy, she thought aloud, commending him off-handedly. Hydra moved to nose his shoulder; of all of her siblings, Jarilo was steadfast and stalwart. She could ever count on him; she recognized he had never, not even once, failed her. 

Have you ever thought of leading, Jarilo? She inquired, moving to again prize the bone from beast; there was still a beta position open in their own ranks, but perhaps he too might find interest in leading in another territory such as the Glen to begin their good work of taking over the Wilderness. Hydra's senses were attuned to him, though her eyes politely focused on the quarry she tugged at.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
couldn't give me a myth, so I had to write my own - by Hydra - December 10, 2019, 07:47 PM
RE: couldn't give me a myth, so I had to write my own - by Hydra - January 09, 2020, 11:14 AM