Ghost Lion Crag Just a groove.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The news came as a shock to Hydra; she had never heard of a wolf that could not bear children. And hearing it from Towhee did bring a sadness to Hydra, as she could not imagine her friend not wanting such for herself as family-oriented as they both were... but she did not hold on to it for very long. Towhee would not want that from her, or surely anyone. Hydra would not linger on the topic in her belief that Towhee likely did not care to, and fortunately Towhee pressed right on. 

So they had returned, as she had supposed and hoped. Her tail waved to hear it, and Hydra further hoped that they would do as Towhee wanted to so Towhee could get all she wanted. Sugar had returned too, which earned another beat of her tail—though hearing she had left again caused her plume to slow to a stop in its sweep. Towhee did not seem wounded by it, though. Likely because she was still with family out there. 

Hydra remembered Niamh, though they had met very long ago; that Phox and Niamh were mates was not unpleasant news at all, and Towhee seemed glad for this too; indeed, there was a lot for her to be happy about. She was glad to hear it, really. My own siblings do not seem to be in any rush to find mates or have children of their own, she drawled, well, except for Alya; she has a mate, though they have not asked me about children this year yet, her voice was not absent of disappointment; she had hoped that her children might have cousins. And as for my younger siblings... I had to educate them on all that comes with this season. I really am not sure what my mother and father were able to tell them before... Hydra's tongue seemed to become too heavy to move, to press against her teeth to announce the words they died... but she did her best to recover from the lapse, licking her chops and saying: anyway, I wonder if they have any love interests; they do not talk to me about all of that, she admitted with a small laugh. Granted, she did not ask—but there were some things she wished they would just want to share with her. So she simply imagined, there were no suitors of them—and they were courting no one themselves, yet. Was that even an interest to them? 

Hydra felt very much like a mother then, and not simply to her own children. 

Pushing the thought away, Hydra grinned to Towhee: so, any men for you? Just because Towhee could not have children did not mean that she could not have love, or a little crush, or what have you. At the very least they could speak with one another of these things; from time to time, Hydra liked to indulge in these little moments where she could just be... and their friendship was something she valued greatly. She could only speak so with her own identical sisters and no other; with Towhee, there were these precious little instances where Hydra could be just a girl.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
Just a groove. - by Towhee - February 05, 2020, 11:42 AM
RE: Just a groove. - by Asa - February 07, 2020, 05:50 PM
RE: Just a groove. - by Towhee - February 08, 2020, 10:46 AM
RE: Just a groove. - by Asa - February 08, 2020, 02:05 PM
RE: Just a groove. - by Towhee - February 08, 2020, 05:24 PM
RE: Just a groove. - by Asa - February 09, 2020, 03:51 PM
RE: Just a groove. - by Towhee - February 09, 2020, 08:39 PM
RE: Just a groove. - by Hydra - February 10, 2020, 10:43 AM
RE: Just a groove. - by Asa - February 11, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: Just a groove. - by Towhee - February 11, 2020, 06:08 PM