Moonspear Kings fight for empires, madmen for applause.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to Revui articulate, explain, and her frustration mounted. To her credit, she let him finish without interruption despite the desire to throttle him then and there. Of course she could not trust either of them to understand time and place. Men. Arcturus, too. Had they no common sense? 

Revui, she started, softer now, I had asked either of you to protect her. I had informed you, both of you, that there was a cannibal about, Her ears rang; Arcturus knew there might be worse than that yet. And this was what he devoted himself to? Still though. Death was not deserved. And certainly not in this way. 

Hydra searched his face for recognition, but drove on: and you left him there to die? Hydra stared at him, not understanding. We are family Revui. Moonspear defends one another; we do not tear eachother down. We do not leave one another for dead. Even for your grievance, you left him behind. That will never be our way, she rumbled darkly, taking a step toward him with her ears pressed forward. and as for what was yours, it was a decision she must make with you. I do not see her either, and as to that, she did not understand; if he had won, then, where was what he had fought for? The one he had fought for? 

Osiris shorn face. The face of Revui before her now. Arcturus, god, would she never see him again? Had he been eaten, still breathing

Arcturus. Dead.

The ghost of him in the outline of her vision, moving forth—then, Kukutux. 

No, wait—real.

Hydra became as never before. Let them both strike her down together for coming between them, she did not care. The matriarch drew to her full height and made her own bid for Revui; if he was caught off-guard, she simply sought to pull his feet out from under him so that she could stand over him, a buffer between brother and brother for now. Her tail arced over her hindquarters and her ears thrust forward as a roaring snarl demanded Arcturus stay put. If the blow of her dark brother connected due to her interference, she would take it in stride but remain rooted to where she stood. Hydra had not been there that day to defend him, in not knowing what would transpire—but she would now. 

In a different measure she sought to do the same with Revui. While additionally knocking some sense into him—and perhaps some humility. 

Revui was often compared to a snapping crocodile; Hydra, in that moment, might be likened to the all-consuming Charybdis. To be caught within her mouth was to be swallowed whole by it, indiscriminate of the skin and bones and all else that came with it as her fangs made mince meat of flesh while snapping skeleton, simultaneously. Her hackles had shot up along her spine and flared out, looking every bit ready to devour whoever made her angry next. All gums, all teeth was Hydra then;

The cry of Kukutux was overtaken by the snarl of Hydra that now died within her throat, muzzle draped protectively over it. 

All this in a span of but seconds. Her muzzle still remained draped over vulnerable throat as she grit out: Hear me, and heed me: Out there are wolves that would be happy to kill each and every one of us, Hydra rumbled, it is kind of you to want to do the work for them, but enough is enough. I will not allow any more of this, she commanded sharply, severely, My son has just been attacked. There was a man there, with half-of his face ripped clear off, that you both saw for yourselves. And this is where your energy goes! To seeking to kill one another, she drawled with ample disappointment. 

Now her eyes fall to Revui. It takes more than might to lead, brother, and you are not fit to lead here, as you are now. You would have left a wolf of ours to die out there, she glared at him. In what world did he think this was acceptable? What sort of precedent did he wish to create? It was not one Hydra would ever permit. They protected one another, they did not kill one another. Arcturus is a worthy beta, and has done right by Moonspear for many years now, and Revui, in the span of a few days, sought to rip him from them all. No. This has gone too far. We prepare for a war against a far greater enemy. I need the both of you. You need not be friends, but you cannot be at one anothers throats, she rumbled, now stepping off of Revui and looking to him before her gaze panned to Arcturus. 
oop. long post ahoy. PP consent of Revui given!
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: Kings fight for empires, madmen for applause. - by Hydra - March 19, 2020, 04:54 PM