Lake Rodney the hero of our own story
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Arthur, who the hell was Arthur? Strangled, she started, thinking back, well, it might have looked that way, I will admit. Arcturus was tearing him apart... Revui had come to challenge Arcturus for his rank. Perhaps I ought not to have intervened, but in the moment... I took control—I knocked Revui out, knowing the only way to get Arcturus to retreat was this. I had already asked him not to attack Revui, and Revui not to attack Arcturus—they both were on deaths door, that day. Revui was laying down, beneath me, when my brother dragged him out from under me to exact his justice, that I explicitly commanded they both stand down. I suppose he did not tell you that, though, she drawled. It had been Arcturus, Hydra had thought, that would be the end of Revui that day... even if unwittingly. Arcturus would not be able to live with himself, were he the end of Revui—but I recognize I should not have made that decision for him, she thought aloud, looking beyond Wraen for a moment. Did she regret it? No—things would have been much, much worse had she not for Arcturus. If her final way of protecting him was protecting him from himself, and the depth of his feelings, then she was glad for that. 

You did not answer my question, she said past a sigh. It had not been a rhetorical one; truly, Hydra wished to know the reason behind the womans fixation with her. But, of course she would not. Wraen, herself, could not see her own actions or behavior as wrong. I paint you as nothing, Wraen. No one. The evil you speak of must be how you perceive yourself, she drawled, ear twitching, and if you wish to know if that is true, ask Arcturus. Ask him if I have ever spoken of you, she licked her chops. I told no stories of you. He never even knew your name, until you met him all that time ago, she finished. Hydra had never cared about, and never minded, Wraen befriending her family.

Whoever this wolf was that Wraen spoke of, Hydra appreciated them immensely. She could land on no one who would provide a death threat bar her own sisters... and they would have told her. So, this was hard to believe—especially coming from Wraen, of all wolves. Sometimes, it seemed, one could hear what they wanted to. And Hydra could see now the narrative spinning within Wraen's mind; how she would use the information to her own end. How she likely already had. 

Words are wind, she started, though some gales are more powerful than others, I admit. I know there is some power in them, she acknowledged, especially when they are believed... she paused for a moment, before finishing with: but actions—actions are what matter the most. If you imagine this threat came from the words shared between you, I implore you to think back to your actions that day. Not that day you spoke with one of my packmates, and your emotions ran high... she clarified, continuing: take the emotions out of it. You trespassed, Wraen. No wonder there was such a threat. I am proud that they would reflect the way in which we protect our own, she rumbled, stalwart and resolute in her defense. And if that was a reflection of her? Good. When you spin your tale of that conversation, she drawled, do be sure to include your actions that led to the threat in the first place. I would so like to prevent others from waltzing beyond our borders. Her tail lashed behind her as she reminded Wraen of her own behavior. And those actions—yours, I mean—are a direct reflection of you. Mind yourself, she advised, tone aloof, pushing away the magnifying glass that Wraen had shifted to place the pinpoint of light meant to set her aflame in her direction. It would not be Hydra who burned, here. 

Another sigh. I grow tired of this, Wraen. I have no bad blood with you, and I ask for no blood of your own. You do not owe me your life—you owe me nothing. The past is a place I do not live within, except to remember my true enemies. Those, of course, I will never forget, a wan grin, here. My grudge with you had only ever been that you left without a word, though I let that go long ago. I had thought that we were friends, she hummed, now, of course, I know better. Hydra had cared far more for Wraen and her wellbeing than Wraen had ever cared for her. But how could Hydra begrudge her that? Wraen was wrong for that too, of course; she knew she was deserving of that, and had found it in herself and so many others, too. That, though, did not matter anymore. She only said as much to clarify with Wraen her perspective, and how that had hurt.

But Wraen had been young, too.

You give me more than you know, by making my brother happy—and for that, I thank you. I only wish things had not happened in the way that they had, she expressed, ear twitching.
edit bc I missed ur edit OOPS
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 11, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 10:29 AM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 01:00 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 01:34 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 01:56 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 03:11 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 03:23 PM