Swiftcurrent Creek Ten years of this, I'm not sure if anybody understands
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,467 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Set before the last Rev/Lestan thread in Rev's timeline @Jakoul <3
Reverie knew from Lestan that one of the women among them was expecting. She did not know who it was, but she knew most of the women in the pack, so it came down to a process of elimination. The gilded girl had spent the last hour gathering some of the few herbs she was able to find in the snow; the kind that would encourage milk production, and something to calm the soon-to-be-mother without negatively affecting her children.
Reverie was no midwife; that was her father's specialty, secondary to his training as a combat medic. But she knew a few tricks.
So she picked out the unfamiliar scent among the others and followed it, carrying her gifts with a distinct edge of timidity to her gait. She'd never seen a pregnant woman. Part of her was nervous; uncertain what to expect. Suppose the woman chased her away? She'd heard of pregnancy hormones before! But she was determined to be helpful, so she stayed the course and prepared for a very nerve-wracking interaction.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
Ten years of this, I'm not sure if anybody understands - by Reverie - March 05, 2023, 09:37 PM