Duck Lake I want to see you smile but know that means I'll have to leave
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,493 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Systir?
Reverie turned, and the dam broke. Her eyes welled with tears almost before she registered the emotion that accompanied them. Was it worth it? Leaving her behind, leaving a love that she knew would not fade for — this. The Creek: it represented now a cold journey alone in her own mind, unfamiliar wolves who offered sharp truths she could hardly stand to swallow, blood and mess and birth in a den avoided by those who did not have to witness such suffering. These were the things Swiftcurrent Creek had given her.
It was a lonely place, she saw that now. A place where dreams went to die, and new life was stained in the colors of solitude. But she was safe there. Safe from Tybault, from the ghosts of her past.
Bjarna was not safe, though. The threat of Reverie's brothers still loomed for her, and for Kvarsheim, as long as she remained. Reverie drifted forward, feeling at once numb and overwhelmed by emotion. Bjarna, It was a whisper. I... What could she say? I left to protect you? Was that the truth?
She didn't know.
All she knew was that suddenly, desperately, she wanted to go home
but she did not know where home was, anymore.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you