Swiftcurrent Creek Well it's just like going home
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,423 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I'll take care of you. Reverie was reminded sharply of Lestan's words, his declaration that his wanting to take care of her did not mean she was not his equal. She did not want to be taken care of. That was not love, not to her, but no one seemed to understand — even Moss.
What Reverie wanted, more than anything, was for someone to see that she was capable of taking care of herself. She just needed time. Still, she knew that motherhood would be a different problem to contend with entirely. She would not be able to care for herself through this. She would need help. But... what if she drove Moss away, too?
Even if I'm never normal? Lestan promised that he would stay, that he would marry me - but he left because - Reverie's throat caught on the words and she had to force them out. Because I'm crazy. Because I don't know how to be happy, or trust anyone, and because I always run away. I was making him miserable, and I'm afraid I'll do the same to you.
She buried her face in her forelegs with a small sound of misery. I should see a healer. I should. Maybe they can fix me. Maybe if I was normal - Then Lestan would still want me.
Moss managed to soothe her, somehow. Reverie eventually calmed enough to make plans, real plans, to see a healer. One from Riverclan, perhaps. That would be best. But as the days wore on, Reverie would begin to question this decision — and eventually turn back on it entirely.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
Well it's just like going home - by RIP Moss - March 24, 2023, 06:18 PM
RE: Well it's just like going home - by Reverie - March 24, 2023, 06:26 PM
RE: Well it's just like going home - by RIP Moss - March 24, 2023, 06:34 PM
RE: Well it's just like going home - by Reverie - March 24, 2023, 08:17 PM
RE: Well it's just like going home - by RIP Moss - March 27, 2023, 12:38 PM
RE: Well it's just like going home - by Reverie - March 27, 2023, 02:48 PM