Stavanger Bay Don't be afraid if there's no wind in my hair
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,494 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Her eyes were starlit as she watched him, quite infected by the sheer positivity of his presence. Even her changed speech didn't seem to faze him; Reverie smiled shyly at his comment, but found that for once she wasn't made to linger on it.
There were no words for this feeling. Her throat was tight with some mix of emotion, something like joy, or maybe grief? Both? He was smirking and she was just so — happy. She wished for a fierce moment that she could be this happy with her husband. Reverie swallowed the feeling, and watched with wide eyes as Slavuj brought the strange creature to life with a wave of his paw.
She sucked in a breath, took a stilted half-step backward, then forward again as she quickly realized it was not a threat. After a moment she reached out with one paw, pressing her toes thoughtlessly against it. It was cold! Then she came to her senses, and snatched her paw away, still holding it in the air when she looked at Slavuj with heart racing and stumbling over itself. Lucky? Reverie did not feel very lucky, but —
A wish. Any wish.
I want Lestan back, she thought, and abruptly the joy died from her. She was left only with the grief. It clouded her eyes, and she looked away, paw dropping back to the ground.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't be afraid if there's no wind in my hair - by Reverie - June 10, 2023, 05:32 PM