Stavanger Bay You know my love can hold you down
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,494 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Lmk if I should change anything, I've been sitting on this idea and decided to go for it <3 powerplay of Vairë and Blossom with permission!

Reverie had been wanting to do something nice for @Lestan for quite some time now. It was just — well, difficult to find the time between the intermittent chaos of their lives. And now... now didn't seem like the time at all, except perhaps that made it a perfect time. She wasn't really expecting romance, not while Lestan was still recovering from wounds both physical and emotional, but she hoped that she could bring him some measure of happiness.
She'd worked very hard at it, after all.
The gilded Mayfair had been preparing for days; each morning she rose with the sun, and set to work almost immediately. First, she chose a place: a quiet spot by the water's edge, a patch of sand surrounded by an uneven ring of large rocks. The space between was roughly large enough for two wolves, Reverie thought.
She had shifted some of the smaller rocks so they might have a clear view of the ocean, and padded the space in the middle with pelts of various creatures she'd hunted. This part took her the longest, because she only had a rough idea of how to prepare the pelts from when Lestan had done it. Several failed attempts ended up discarded just beyond the border of the bay before she'd achieved her goal.
The next part was easier. She hunted for them, and ended up with a pair of rabbits to show for her efforts. Along the way she stumbled across pale flowering vines, and a patch of wildflowers that almost matched Lestan's eyes; she collected both, and wound the vines around the rocks while the flowers were laid across their tops. But the final and most striking addition was something she found entirely by accident.
She'd found it the previous night, actually; she'd been restless, and had gone for a walk to think over her plans for the evening she hoped to spend with Lestan. In the depths of the forest of Stavanger Bay, she'd spotted a dim green light — and that was very curious to Reverie, who had never seen any light but that of the sun and the flames in this world. So she'd pursued the source, and found a fallen tree laden with mushrooms casting a ghostly glow about the place. They were beautiful.
So for the final touch she went now to that tree, and broke off several branches. She laid these carefully between the rocks, creating a sort of walled perimeter of phantom light and leaving the ocean-facing gap as the sole entrance to the space. The glow wasn't visible yet, not with the sun still out — but the light was rapidly fading. Sunset was approaching, and it was time to fetch Lestan.
Reverie had already indicated that he should wait for her in their den, to the best of her ability; she had asked Vairë to babysit Blossom for a time, too, though that had been far more difficult to communicate without common words between them. Now she went to Lestan, leading him with a soft touch and a light step to the space she had prepared for them. And all around them, the world slowly dimmed and turned to gold.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
You know my love can hold you down - by Reverie - June 03, 2023, 11:28 PM
RE: You know my love can hold you down - by Mayfair - June 07, 2023, 06:21 PM
RE: You know my love can hold you down - by Reverie - June 07, 2023, 06:37 PM
RE: You know my love can hold you down - by Mayfair - June 16, 2023, 07:27 PM
RE: You know my love can hold you down - by Reverie - June 16, 2023, 08:22 PM
RE: You know my love can hold you down - by Mayfair - June 18, 2023, 11:54 AM
RE: You know my love can hold you down - by Reverie - June 18, 2023, 03:42 PM
RE: You know my love can hold you down - by Mayfair - June 28, 2023, 07:24 PM