Stone Circle Rest like you belong here with your damp hair, with your chest heaving
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,494 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Swift and Katla. More names to add to the list of those she would always cherish and protect; they were Tauris's children, and so in a way they would be Reverie's too, if ever they needed her. She couldn't help but laugh when Tauris mentioned roughing them up. Blossom was the last child to do such a thing, but maybe her daughter would surprise her.
The girl desperately needed a friend or two, after all. Reverie pushed away her guilt at that thought, trying to focus on Tauris, who was now the only sister left to her. A sister who cared for her, who wanted the best; she was speaking of Boone and how he cared for her, and Reverie flushed with a shy, pleased warmth.
But she remained quiet, attentive, waiting to hear about the life Tauris had built for herself here. Her sister was as reticent as ever, yet the glow in her voice and in her eyes spoke more than the few words she shared. It was an accident, she said, but Reverie knew that the joy glimmering in her now was no accident. It was destiny; it was the world speaking softly, saying that it was okay now, that it was safe to rest, to hope, to feel.
She knew because she felt it too. I want the same fate as him; and here she thought of Boone, and how they had both chosen this, and how it felt so much like coming home after a long and fretful day. I'm happy for you, Reverie murmured, eyes bright with love. I knew when I met you that - that one day, you would know what it's like to be loved. Truly loved, by family and friends. There's a beautiful light in you, Tauris. Don't ever let it die, okay? Her eyes filled abruptly with tears.
Don't make the mistakes I did.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread