Stone Circle Rest like you belong here with your damp hair, with your chest heaving
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,494 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Her tears faded away as Tauris spoke, and she let out a soft snort of amusement at the mention of gas. That was one thing she'd never suffered through her own pregnancy and postpartum, but she knew well enough what it was like to feel the shifting of her entire body; the raw discomfort, the sudden alienness of the one thing which has always been hers and hers alone. Motherhood had taken that from her, but Reverie didn't mind so much anymore. For Blossom, she would do it a thousand times over.
And she found truth in Tauris's next statement, too, for hadn't Reverie's love for others always been the light in her own life? Still she blushed, uncertain what to say for a moment.
I'm happy I'm here too, Reverie said after a moment, feeling as if her response was lacking. So she fell into the truth, as she always had; I didn't think I'd see you again either, any of you. But I thought of you. I missed you. And - I won't be gone like that again. I - I gave up everything for Lestan, to try to find peace with him, and it didn't work. I'll never do that again. You are my home, you and Gunnar and - Bjarna. She stopped short, swallowed, and began again. I don't think Boone will want to stay here. He likes the mountains. But that isn't very far. I'll visit often.
I want our kids to know each other, too. And to know that wherever they go, they'll have family to support them, This was important to her, that the connection between them would pass generations, that their children would never be alone in the world. Tauris knew as well as Reverie did what it was like to have no one, but their children did not need to learn that cruel lesson.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread