Emberwood [m] I want to be known for my hits, not just my misses
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,494 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Vague suicidal ideation
For @Akavir!
The girl in the reverie, the girl who had spent her whole life running;
Reverie wasn't a girl anymore but a woman, and felt now that her ability to run had been stunted, metaphorical legs shattered when the earth had churned out from under her. There was nowhere to run now, when the sun had rolled away from the cracked terrain of her heart for the last time. There was no escaping the shadow that had fallen over her.
So she went to the Emberwood, where she'd once met the woman Sadey and tried to help her. The last time she had been here, she'd still been in love; she'd still had hope. The woods were beautiful, all splashed in the colors of autumn, yet Reverie saw only ash among the trees. Ash and shadows and so much grief.
Again she broke, and wildly she wondered why it was always her, always her, always breaking. All she had wanted was to be loved, but Reverie was alone with her grief. Maybe that was her fault; maybe it was a failing of hers, that her sorrow was not beautiful, that there was nothing profound in her suffering. Everyone loved a beautiful girl.
For girls such as Reverie, there was only pity.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
[m] I want to be known for my hits, not just my misses - by Reverie - September 09, 2023, 05:33 PM