Hushed Willows You're my starlight and I'm your skyline
Hushed Willows
1,526 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie followed, marveling at the sheer energy of youth. Even at the peak of her own activity, she did not have such an endless reserve of enthusiasm; not anymore. She wondered, distantly, if adulthood would render Blossom as tired and subdued as it had her. But she didn't have long to linger on such thoughts.

She nearly dropped the driftwood when Blossom shoved her muzzle into the home of an unsuspecting squirrel. Reverie set it down quickly. Careful! It might have - Her words were cut off by her daughter's fall. Reverie blinked, and finished more quietly: Rabies.

I don't think that hole is big enough for you, She added after a moment, barely stifling her laughter.

She moved to help Blossom up, and when her daughter had gathered herself again, they continued on their way. Their little tour of the territory brought them across several miles until they found the right spot. Blossom seemed to know immediately that she wanted it for her den, and Reverie could only smile at the sight of her certainty. She and Lestan had done well, she thought. They'd raised their daughter to choose what would make her happy.

She only wished he could be here to see it, too.
Messages In This Thread
You're my starlight and I'm your skyline - by Reverie - September 28, 2023, 01:07 PM
RE: You're my starlight and I'm your skyline - by Blossom - September 28, 2023, 01:12 PM
RE: You're my starlight and I'm your skyline - by Reverie - September 28, 2023, 01:23 PM
RE: You're my starlight and I'm your skyline - by Blossom - September 28, 2023, 01:27 PM
RE: You're my starlight and I'm your skyline - by Reverie - September 29, 2023, 12:14 PM
RE: You're my starlight and I'm your skyline - by Blossom - October 02, 2023, 02:49 PM
RE: You're my starlight and I'm your skyline - by Reverie - October 19, 2023, 05:55 PM
RE: You're my starlight and I'm your skyline - by Blossom - October 22, 2023, 10:04 PM
RE: You're my starlight and I'm your skyline - by Reverie - October 23, 2023, 08:45 PM