Porcupine Ridge [m] So light your matches, and I will rise
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,494 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Themes of violence and implied attempted sexual assault
9:46 PM

The stars were shifting. Somewhere far below, the grass parted in a shattering of gold.
On the night that Reverie was meant to die, the heavens parted and then stilled; waiting; expecting. A thousand thousand miles away, in a world she would never know, someone watched, and wept, and finally reached for her. And it was then that she knew love; the love of her creator set to the tune of soft words she would never forget.

You are my most treasured creation.

And I never wanted you to hurt this way, but you've been so strong.

You've given me strength, and comfort, and joy I never imagined when I made you.

This doesn't have to be the end.

But if you want to rest now, you can. It's okay.

For a long time, Reverie was only quiet. She had so many questions. Or maybe it was only one question scattered into a hundred offshoots all tracing back to the same single word: why? Why her? Why all this hurt, this loss, this blood? And she knew that she could have had the answers then, but realized next that maybe she did not want to.
Her very existence was born of great sorrow, she felt. But she had done her job, hadn't she? She'd given comfort, and strength, and joy; she'd given her blood and her tears, her love and her laughter, all of it. There was no regret in her for this, nor resentment, if only because she could not help but love deeply and inherently the one whose sorrow had sparked her into this strange and striking life. And she could rest now, if she wanted.
But she did not think that she was done.

I want to go back, she said finally, silently into that endless grey void.
For a moment there was nothing, and she wondered if she had been heard at all.
Then —

Anything for you, Reverie. I love you. Don't ever forget that.

And the strange little light that was Reverie fell, and spiraled, and whirred through the cold night air until she felt the grass in her fur and the agony of a hundred hurts across the body she'd nearly left behind forever. She drew in a single, gasping breath — and promptly fainted from the pain.

6:09 AM

The world was shifting. Somewhere far above, the sun greeted the earth with a tearful smile.

And Reverie blinked awake to smile tiredly back.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
[m] So light your matches, and I will rise - by Reverie - October 03, 2023, 11:42 AM
RE: So light your matches, and I will rise - by Ptolemy - October 03, 2023, 09:36 PM
RE: So light your matches, and I will rise - by Reverie - October 03, 2023, 11:02 PM
RE: So light your [m]atches, and I will rise - by Ptolemy - October 03, 2023, 11:26 PM
RE: So light your [m]atches, and I will rise - by Reverie - October 03, 2023, 11:57 PM
RE: So light your [m]atches, and I will rise - by Boone - October 04, 2023, 01:59 PM