Hushed Willows [m] I'll grow bitters on the borders of your whistling skin
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,494 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Hearthwood had truly settled, and Reverie was beginning to settle too. She was often occupied with teaching Reina and Blossom the basics of her trade, but recently she'd taken up a little project of her own. Just a few days prior she'd found a single antler half-buried in the snow, largely intact and impressive in its size. Reverie had known immediately what she would do with it.

It took time, of course. First she'd smeared it with dark berries she'd found in a snow-capped shrub, and then it sat for a day before she took it to the lake to be rinsed, leaving a faint bluish tint to all the crevices and flaws. She let it dry again, and hung it with frosted tendrils of willow leaves, and red and yellow witch-hazel tucked into the tines. Reverie wasn't sure what her husband's favorite color was, and so she tried to include all of them. Finally, when it was ready, she brought it to their den and laid it on the stone central to its main chamber, where it sat under a sliver of sunlight. She slipped back to the entrance and called for @Boone, hoping he wasn't busy just then.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
[m] I'll grow bitters on the borders of your whistling skin - by Reverie - December 16, 2023, 05:42 PM