Big Salmon Lake hateraid
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra, initially, felt worry as he sprawled across the ice and slid forward right into the pile of snow she had made. But when he looked to her and asked a question, clearly alright, Hydra stared at him in shock for a moment... before she busted out laughing. The relief she felt that he was all good spilled out of her, and then how hilarious she found it after she knew he was alright... it hit her simultaneously, and she could not manage to respond to him straight away. Soon enough Hydra was able to get her wits about her again, and looked at him with a grin. 

I've had some bad wipeouts, but you've earned highest marks for that one. Ten out of ten, she teased playfully, her expression and flicking ears an indicator that she meant well, and then she marched on over to him, minding her step so that she didn't slip and fall just as he had. Once beside him, Hydra looked him over and then declared, I'll teach you. You shall be my skating protege. Don't tell my sisters, she quipped, They're dying to know my secret. And here it is, she looked left and right before leaning toward him and whispering exactly what it was that helped her stay upright. And then she withdrew, gesturing toward the ice. 

FIGURE WE CAN FADE HERE OR WITH UR NEXT POST <3
the oath
207 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Rian contorted, twisting around so that his hindpaw could reach the snow-filled crevass of his ear. He kicked at it clumsily, looking more like a leggy colt than a nearly full grown wolf. Success was met with a grunt of pleasure and he shook his head loudly, ears slapping against his skull, until her raucous laughter startled him so that he nearly tumbled right back into the snow bank. The boy gaped at her, until he realized that she hadn't found humor at his expense, but rather his uncoordinated crash landing. He blinked, smirked, and blew a bit of an embarassed raspberry with his lips—laughter was hard to come by these days, and this was as close as he'd come in months.

When she finally caught her breath and declared his score, he thumped his tail. Great! But then she approached and he felt that weirdly awestruck feeling again that stole his vocabulary, and his senses. His ears splayed out but he listened intently, eyes wide, as she stooped and whispered the secret in his ears. That was important, but more interesting was how the rich pine scent of her fur reminded him of Neverwinter's own, though laced with the subtle earthy overture of the mountain slopes. He inhaled as she drew away and indicated it was time for another round.

He rose and, together, they resumed the game.
As ruthless as it all may seem the wild cares not for the weaker beings.