Moonspear Don't you think you should take it a little easy on all the nitrates?
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to Towhee, though was not rankled by the others words any. Her saying as much was basically her own thought process. She wanted to really have Gannet decide what it was, exactly, he wanted for himself and his own future. He knew her, understood her where even Terance and Rannoch never could. It was perhaps why she wanted so badly for him to really want this himself.

The Beta was elated to hear his choice. She was not really surprised—he had made this decision countless times... but to know it, to really, really know that he wanted to be here... it spoke volumes, and she found her fondness for him increase. Her trust, too.

She could even find herself understanding the way Towhee felt, if only slightly. Gannet was her family, wasn't he? How could she like it? Even though they had been the wolves to break his leg, it was a consequence of his own actions; actions she understood, and had expressed as much, but obviously could not permit, as he and likely any one else with a functional brain could understand, too. Bygones were bygones, in this situation. Hydra wanted to congratulate Towhee on what sounded like more siblings, but knew here and now was not the right place.

Towhee addressed her now, and Hydra's tail waved as Towhee deposited what she had hunted. Thanks, Towhee, she said, and looked to her fellows—Gannet's siblings—and nodded. I understand, Towhee was an alpha now, after all. It went without saying that Hydra would seek out Towhee when she could, and she watched as she departed. She did not want to question Gannet again to ask if he was certain; she knew he was a man who always thought before he spoke, and likely had considered what his decision meant. She nosed Gannet's shoulder, and in this was content to follow his lead; she would stay with him now, or else they could do something else.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal