Ankyra Sound love won through my defeat
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
aw; attn: @Caiaphas. set directly after this. it can be assumed RS wolves heard erz calling to roz

the winds had roared and the beach wet with brine. a storm had tossed all manner of debris and small seabeasts onto the sand, but for now erzulie did not pause. 
she was panting when she found the rusalka leader; pausing only to gulp a draught of breath, head hanging low, erzulie gasped out the news: "rosalyn is dere, in drageda. i called to her. she is alive."
her lower lip trembled; to stop it, the harlot bit hard the inside of her cheek. no time for tears. rosalyn still breathed, and was strong enough to return her cry. she would look now to caiaphas for their next step.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
μολὼν λαβέ
27 Posts
Ooc — mercury

He is far enough away that the woman's accented voice is quiet, but still close. He hears every word. A snarl blooms in his throat, bubbling up and out of his maw. He shakes himself and walks, bristling, toward the other--his new packmate, he supposes--with a steely glint in his eye.
They must pay for this, Eurycrates says sharply, staring toward the cliffs. Let's get her back. Destroy them all.
Truth be told, the titan couldn't care less for the woman he barely knew. What he does care about is eliminating the domineering, neighboring presence of Drageda. He is fine with killing in cold blood, but cause makes it all the more justifiable. They have taken something from the sound, and now the sound will swallow them up.
If you want her back, we have to go, now, he insists, looking at Erzulie. Who knows what they are capable of, the savages.

Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the siren had been trawling a lengthy arm of kelp when a flurry of chai-cream rose to her vision. setting aside the band of stark-green vegetation, caiaphas took in the news: rosalyn, alive -- somehow.

alongside her eurycrates bristles, settling his words with a conviction that she believed the captive woman would have been proud of -- and while she too is stoked by a burning fire, she is much less impulsive.

storming the thorny keep of drageda is appealing - when they were armed with ready fangs and claws. yet they are a bedraggled band of rogues, assembled together by chance: some young, some old. marching in for rosalyn would end with banner bloodshed - mostly their own.

"if they have her captive, it means they think she is useful." the sylph considered. "if we go now -- so soon after you heard her -- they will likely be ready. it would be walking into the jaws of a snake. could you tell at all from what direction she called?"
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"dere are many of dem and fewer of us," erzulie muttered toward the male, grief tinged with irritation at his insistence. it faded quickly, however; caiaphas briskly took charge, and the harlot shook her own dark muzzle grimly. "no. behind de cliffs, if anyt'ing." a sigh rushed from her throat, and she began to pace in short, tight strides.
"i did not call to her again, in case dey ... hurt her for singing back to me."
μολὼν λαβέ
27 Posts
Ooc — mercury

Beneath his flesh, the blood pulses hot and fast, volcanic in nature. He is liable to explode and lets only the slightest bit of tension loose, a snort through his nostrils. Gritting his teeth, he paces away for a moment, looking at the cliffs. And then back again, tail lashing with irritation.
So, then, negotiations must be made? Eurycrates asks, thrusting his chin up and staring at Caiaphas. They want the sound. They will trade her for it, I am sure. We cannot relent.
Filthy dogs. He has to grudgingly admire their cunning; it is a trick straight out of ancient history. They have studied the art of war as closely as any soldier. He will not let them have this victory for long, though. The woman will return to the sound, and the sound will remain under their control. No exceptions.

Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas listened to both with a studied kind of patience, her own thoughts filtering through her mind. there were merits to both approaches - storm the fort, or slip in through the night -- both ended with bloodshed and loss.

it seemed stupid to the sylph to trade the sound for a single life - but as she looked to erzulie she saw that the thread that bound this rag-tag band together was the same thread that kept it from unraveling -- and if she simply let drageda's assault on them go unavenged, it would cause dissolution in their ranks. it would also set the precedent that their upstairs neighbors could stomp, kick and roll right over them -- an unwelcome precedent the siren had no interest in proliferating.

therefore, the decision to rescue rosalyn was largely a tactical decision -- though one could not argue there was little sentimentality involved (mostly on erzulie's behalf). she looked to the cliffs as eurycrates stalked angrily away and then returned, keeping silent until he spoke no longer.

"i have a plan," she answered nebulously, though expanded no further. "give me a day's time to prepare, and i will show you." she had her own designs at hand -- but little did she know in a few day's time eurycrates would take matters into his own hands, forcing her to expose her hand in the process.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
shut up shut up! she wished to snap, but he had done no wrong. the man's valorous passion was admirable in the sight of their outnumbered nature. on behalf of rosalyn, erzulie reminded herself, and cooled, steadying herself on the edge of eurycrates' angered words. 
there could be no trade. her pirate would not want that, the harlot was sure. whatever she was enduring now at the hands of drageda, losing the sound for which they had scrimped and fought would be greater. and so she looked sharply to caiaphas, and gave a single nod, trusting in the crone's judgement.