Moonspear blood [m]oon rising
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His words would have fallen on deaf ears, had it not been due to his clear and apparent concern for her. He worried that her family would turn on her; she did not think they would, but he did not know any better, it seemed—life had given his mother a cruel experience, and she considered quietly as, at last, her stride did slow so she could look upon him once again. Her ears cupped forward and she wondered at his words some more as she observed him, absently admiring his handsome features.

You worry for me, Hydra interpreted, but even if she had missed the true point his words had worked in his favor. You really do care... and if they were going to endeavor on this joint venture, she supposed she would need to consider what he said. It was difficult in a time like this, but it was clear she wanted to as she did not lash at him as she would have the week prior. Her anger was swift to flee her, and the feeling of being simply enamored returned promptly. 

Hydra sighed softly and moved toward him. She did not know his mother, but she knew him. He had come of it, and he had turned out—in her bias opinion—brilliantly. Hydra leaned into him, dizzied by her heat. If my mother does not submit, then perhaps it would be best to leave. I do not know. Things have... changed, Hydra's tongue was heavy as she spoke the word. Her mother was no less formidable than she ever was, and if she had the will to she would remain the head of the mountain. 

I will not be met with hate or anger. I think my mother understands, she had sensed the shift in her mother when her preestrus had come, but it was not anger Hydra saw. A newfound awareness. Now, her daughter knew why. And if her own change does not encourage her to step down... I would not force her, she explained. Hydra would test her, to be sure. Press and pull at her will to see if it was as ironclad as her own. There had never been a time she had not protected her family; Hydra would not dream of causing her mother to bleed, or to behave in a merciless manner to the woman that reared her. 

After a beat, she finished. We could find some other mountain to raise our young upon. Perhaps nearby. If things did not work out here, she suggested. Hydra knew at the very least, Lyra would stand beside her. Perhaps even Revui. They could retrieve Alya, and perhaps she would come, too... She wanted strong and sure wolves, but she would need to put up with Nikai if Alya loved him. Which she must; that would be the only reason Alya had not returned to her. Hydra had given her ample time; a visit was due, in any case. 

He had misunderstood her, she reasoned, but now that she had explained... now she was ready to be met with yes. Her patience was more than it had been days prior, but it was not what it typically was, and she would wait no more for it if he refused her now.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
blood [m]oon rising - by Hydra - April 18, 2019, 08:32 PM
RE: blood moon rising - by Dirge - April 18, 2019, 09:26 PM
RE: blood moon rising - by Hydra - April 18, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: blood moon rising - by Dirge - April 18, 2019, 10:24 PM
RE: blood moon rising - by Hydra - April 18, 2019, 10:53 PM
RE: blood moon rising - by Dirge - April 18, 2019, 11:50 PM
RE: blood moon rising - by Hydra - April 19, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: blood moon rising - by Dirge - April 19, 2019, 12:50 AM
RE: blood moon rising - by Hydra - April 19, 2019, 01:08 AM
RE: blood moon rising - by Dirge - April 19, 2019, 02:21 AM