Whitefish River why we should stop fetishizing having asbestos-free baby strollers
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Joining 
dated july 18th, succeeding this event. see bottom of post for tags

With incomprehensible reason for causeway to Kaisteloki it was that Aurëwen strode for the riverlands; for this wasn’t only to return its Constable, but to serve as a port for the family who now listed boundless without horizon.

Once upon a strife, she had gone to deliver her children from her womb amongst mountains, sent from those who’d damned hell upon them; and now it wasn’t unlike such, with a second blight befallen, and a child to tend to straightaway. Through the glut of her fury, she’d been able to  (eventually)  glean from her study of her son that he had
lacerations on neck, hips; broken ribs, hinds; off-kilter shoulder; fractured cheekbone
and that the silver had done what she could  (with mustered patience and care)  to see to and reset Drago’s shoulder back into its birdboned socket; though his lacerations would have to wait, the rest would have to wait;

Until Aure was able to raise her crown, seek out her once-savior, his healers to do what she could not—

to keep things going, please only let the following post/cameo for now:
@Dragomir @Vercingetorix @Ira @Evergreen @Isilmë
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
There was really no need for the call as they approached the borders. After all, she traveled with the family, they had her permission given the circumstances to travel in their lands, even rest and be tended to. The adults would have to pull their weight, but the child would not go unattended under such crucial moments. 

Ira stepped past the borders motioning for Aure and her family to follow. Hopefully Evergreen would come to see the situation for himself, but she was more interested in calling a healer.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
quick post before I'm away for the weekend -- skip me and feel free to mention/notice him pacing and being a wreck in the background

How hard was it to put broken glass back together? Broken glass they'd somehow managed to carry down the mountain and to Kaistleoki, all with (presumably) their willful daughter in tow.

Vercingetorix was panting, wheezing, sobbing, as they reached the border. He set his son down as gently as he could before turning to Aure, who was quiet but clearly, obviously, disturbed. But Ira motioned them on, and so, with a grunt of effort, he bent and slung Dragomir over his burly shoulders -- and walked on.

When they reached their destination, he'd lower Drago once more. . .and then step back, unable to handle the scene before him. He lingered just in sight, just out of reach, close enough if someone needed him --

But what on earth could he do?

He was no healer. He was no botanist. Not a therapist, or a caregiver.

Not a father.

It should be him, mangled and bloodied. It should be him.

He couldn't stop fucking thinking just that, as he stood back and watched, paced, bristled, cried. . .helpless. Useless.
Common · Trigedasleng
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
One post cameo ❤

Ever since the Constable left their doorstep, the Count has been unable to rest. His energy goes into patrolling, and he checks on his members, but even his hobby of fishing cannot relax the bear. He worries, for Ira, for the child, for Aurë. It is all too familiar. The scar on his heart still fresh—and perhaps forever will be. Losing Thistle will be a permanent nightmare, and he prays that others will not suffer the same fate.

During his patrol, he hears the pants and hurried footfalls. It is enough for Evergreen to pick up his pace. Emerging, he sees Ira first and exhales a breath of relief. Then he sees Aurë, and a stranger. Upon the hulking male's back lay the broken pieces of a pup. His heart seizes, and he cannot help the choked noises that escapes his lips. Mangled, twisted in a way that reminds him oh so much of roan fur and blood. He squeezes his mismatched green eyes but the vision does not leave him. Evergreen shudders.

The world around him feels odd, as if he is not living in the present. His body numb and jelly-like. He does his best to lift his head to call for @Speedy.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Some pp with Tobias. Let me know if it's not okay <3

The call woke her from where she slept curled around her four children. Just like the last time, the healer assumed they would only call her to the borders for one reason. She sniffed the air, wondering if anyone happened to be close by and picked up the scent of @Tobias. Speedy called him into her den and once he agreed to keep watch over the pups, she swiftly set out for the borders, stopping only to collect a few things from the herb den.

When she arrived, her gaze was first drawn to the pacing stranger; he looked absolutely tormented, and it made her chest tighten as she glanced around to find the source of his heartbreaking state. Another unfamiliar woman stood near Evergreen and Ira, her features heavy with despair. It was then that she saw the tiny crumpled form on the ground, and she rushed forward. She felt nauseous as she took in the child's injuries. What a horrible state for this poor baby to be in. She couldn't help but see one of her own children lying there broken. She imagined she would be in the same tortured state as the two strangers, and she assumed then that they must be the pup's caretakers. She swallowed the lump in her throat as she forced her mind to switch into healer mode; no one could afford for her to fall apart right now. 

She quickly glanced up to the woman she assumed to be the mother and then back down at the boy. The first question that came to her mind was how, but then a more pressing matter occurred to her. Pain-- she needed to control his pain before he went into shock, assuming he hadn't already and that there was nothing else internally going on. Part of her wondered if she would even be able to fix this poor child; his wounds were extensive, and from what she could tell, he didn't appear to be in any kind of state to eat anything, which, at the very least, would make controlling his pain difficult. She supposed warmth and keeping the lacerations from getting infected would be a good place to start, and of course only time would tell if she could get him through this. She looked first to the strangers, gaze full of sympathy, and then she looked to her leaders. We should get him to the caves, she said. At least there she was close to their herbs and could check on him frequently without having to leave her own children for too long.

Assuming the count and constable had no reservations with her suggestion, Speedy turned back to the parents. Follow me, she said, eyes lingering briefly on the little girl she hadn't noticed before. Realizing she must be terrified, Speedy offered her a tiny, reassuring smile before turning to head back towards the caves.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
last post unless tagged ❤️

And there was Evergreen, looking as desolate as she felt, but—

Where had her occupation amidst the ruin of another malady fled to? Where was that healer in her?— but, oh, she’d scarcely been able to amount support in the form of the Blood-Queen and Dio’s unwavering son, a fortnight before their respect for her had fallen from their graces. Then, Aurëwen hadn’t begged since and before that calamity but, now— now— 

B-Beja,” she entreated, striding from Vercingetorix’s side in favor of Speedy’s, “I am a herbalist. Please. Let me into your garden, bring you pro-properties, please, y-your—” Her chords constricted into something sorrowful and slavering and heavy.
“I saved one love of my life,” a death-defying look to their son, slung upon phayanarō’s shoulders, “Let m-me help save another. Please,” seeing the both of them so broken and faraway and lost in Shadow and—
Aure finally lost her voice in the flush of activity, horror. 

Whether she would be permitted to help in this furthered plight or no, she beckoned her daughter to follow all the same; trusting that Verx would hasten  (as one could with glass)  to Speedy’s instruction.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
this was her fault, she decided. she shouldn't have listened to Drago, when he said he wanted space. since when did she listen, anyways? and she had thought he'd just left, left her, of his own accord. if she hadn't - she could have been with him. or followed him. her fury had no outlet and it turned inwards. stiff, bristling still, unwilling to glance at her brother to check the ever to faint rise and fall of his sides, she followed at her parent's heels. when Drago was lain on the earth - she could not help but think of her father bringing them prey, cut up and bloodied in the same manner. she tensed further, if that was possible, and ignored her mother in lieu of moving stiffly to her brother's side, standing hunched by his side and peering hawkishly at the stranger that approached. she wasn't going to leave his side again, especially now that they were once again surrounded by strangers.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Sorry, I didn't realize this was waiting on me

She paused her departure when the child's mother began to speak, begging her to accept her assistance. Speedy always welcomed help, and she would never deny the pup's parents the opportunity to help their son heal. She nodded. Of course. I think he would benefit from multiple healers, she answered, a reassuring smile on her face as she turned to head towards the caves once more. 

She tended to keep injured strangers towards the front of the cave system, closest to the opening; it kept them farther from where her children were tucked safely away, and it made them more accessible to the other members of the pack. She was happy to help anyone, but she had to keep her family safe, too, at least until she knew this new family a little better.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
last post from me!

Had she not been addressing Speedy directly, the silver might’ve taken notice of her daughter’s own turn of cheek — but as it was, the taut muscles of her waxen face gentled, melded into something very nearly akin to relief. But even then, it was an inscrutable take on her frigid countenance.

With another look to her family — tatters, all in tatters — Aurëwen quieted, and let her newly-anointed son’s healer lead the way to this cave system. Though there was hesitance to placing their child in such a place... at least, for now, treating him would be a much-needed time of privacy and healing and awakening.

And wake he would.
...He must.