lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Private 
For the family B) @Valette @Greyback @Newt @Leta clay marten arlette

It felt as if it had been forever since she had last visited, and though it was only about a month ago, she missed her family. Last time she was here it had been on pack terms, and while she was still here to see how Easthollow was, she wanted to see the growth of her baby siblings. They must be getting big by now after all.

Ira approached the borders and tilted her head back to call for those she had left behind. She was sure she would not be turned away if she traveled past the borders, but from an allied pack standpoint it showed bad manors. She hoped to see the pups this time, and hoped for news of Leta's recovery.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
It was easy for Valette to recognize the voice of Ira. She nudged @Greyback gently. He probably heard but she nudged him anyhow. She wanted to approach Ira with him together. She also woofed at her children to follow her to the border. It was a rare feat that she would take them there after the whole attack with Leta. She tried to keep them away from it as well by giving the kids little tasks or things they could do around the pack. Anyone who was eager to see their big sister was more than welcome to follow her. Valette's stance stayed relaxed which was probably a key hint they were going to see someone they knew.

Valette trotted to the border, knowing Ira was waiting. Her tail wagged, excited to see her again. Even though, last time she had to be the one that brought the bad news about Leta. "Hi Ira!," she called out happily and then trotted all the way up to her to give her a nuzzle in greeting.
West had been pawing at a bug when the call arose. Surely his mom or dad would leave to answer the call, but he was surprised when she called for him to follow. Ever since Leta was hurt he wasn't allowed near the edges of the territory. Excited to see what the reason might be, he followed quickly on his mother's heels until she greeted the wolf fondly.

The boy tilted his head trying to place the familiar face when the name suddenly landed. Ira! He quickly bounded over, crashing into the woman's leg. He was taller now, but still a chubby boy. Where'd ya go? The last time he saw her was... well before Leta's attack. He had practically forgotten about her disappearance with all the stuff that had happened.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
201 Posts
Ooc —
Had Leta been alone, her first journey back to the borders would have gone differently. As it was, she was among her family—and she felt safest when with her mother and her father, one of which was with them. Leta hadn't the slightest idea of where they were going, and when they saw Ira the young girl looked worlds better than she had some time ago.

She darted around her mother and her tail waved wildly at the sight of her familiar face. Her sister. Leta followed West's lead with a yip, though paused when the collection of packscent became strongest. A shudder overtook her, and Leta frowned as she looked over her shoulder to her mother, tail slowing as she worked through the ominous feeling that took hold. Leta could not remember and did not know what was wrong, and so only looked to Valette to be sure that nothing was before diving into the encounter alongside her brother.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
As the lone howl traveled past the borders, the smile upon Greyback's face stretched. He could never forget the sound of his children, especially his daughter. Truth be told, he had been missing her dearly since her departure.

He leaned gently against Valette as they followed the call, their children skipping and padding along to the border with them. And though the man usually remained calm and composed, the long gate of his stride easily expressed how much of a hurry he was in to see Ira.

Nearing the border, he broke out into a sprint when he saw her, his large figure tumbling down the hillside before embracing her in a fury of whines and licks. "My Star, you're home!" he exclaimed, his tail wagging behind him as he continued to rub against her in greeting. She smelled different now, but it wasn't entirely bad. Still, the Patriarch couldn't help but control himself now that their relationship was more or less fixed.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Moments passed as she waited, but soon the shape of Valette and Greyback moved over the hill. Two smaller figures racing beside them. A grin plastered itself upon the stone wolf's maw as West collided against her soon followed by her father, Leta, and Valette. Such a short time had passed, yet the pups were already so big.

Ira prayed she had not missed much this time around, but the way she was greeted suggested things had been better since her last visit. Yes, I'm back— She chuckled as she pushed West, who was still bouncing around her down and gave the boy a quick lick to the top of his head. Things have been slow so I figured I'd take the chance to visit. How are things here? Better I hope?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at Ira in a motherly way. Even though they were about the same age. The female nodded as Ira's question. "As you can tell, it is much better," she smiled at Leta who was right there with them. She looked proudly at her two kids. She watched Greyback. She loved how they made up and how proud he looked at her. She smiled lovingly at Greyback unknowingly. She loved him so dearly.

"How are things with you Ira?," she asked then. How was her life in her new pack? Valette was curious how she was doing. "Anyone interesting in your pack?," she asked with a soft grin, she was totally asking if Ira might have met someone special.
west can be skipped from here on out unless he's interacted with directly. that way im not juggling LOL

The boy's question went unanswered, but he didn't really mind. He was sure everyone had a lot of questions for her, she had been gone a while after all. But now she's back! The round boy stepped in place excitedly as his mother asked her own questions. He wanted to hear about wherever Ira had been.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
201 Posts
Ooc —
Her mother seemed to relay that all was well, and that was all Leta needed to finish her approach. She recognized Ira enough to not fear her, it was simply the location that for one reason or another unnerved her for a moment there. But seeing her father crash past them furthered her relief; Leta smiled as she approached, though felt a pang of rare, uncharacteristic envy as he referred to Ira as his star—

But it was gone in a flash. Leta, lover of the stars, could only really admire and like Ira more for it. Unable to help herself, Leta asked with a wave of her tail, do you know much about the stars? a question not at all on topic with what the adults were discussing.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Permission to skip greyback

Thankfully news was much lighter in Easthollow this time. It seemed this time her departure had no caused some horrible event to take place while she was unable to lend her strength, and she'd like to keep it that way. However, Valette's next question came across as a bit of a shock to the warrior.

Her mind briefly replayed her encounter with Evergreen at the river before abruptly shoving it back to the depths where she had been attempting to hold it. No no— I'm afraid I am too busy with my duties to look for anything. Our pack was founded on the belief of new beginnings so in that sense there are many interesting characters. Interesting was one word for the band of misfits. At least it was some sort of distraction as her relationship with the bearish count seemed to be moving south quick. They no longer bantered or spent as much time together, instead, any bump-ins were filled with awkward silences and careful steps.

Leta was quick to pipe up and at that moment she was glad to have a change of conversation I fear I have limited knowledge of the stars. Have they caught your eye at night? A weary smile made its way to her maw as she turned her attention fully to the growing pup.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette slowly nodded at Ira's words. She didn't really belief that the other was too busy for love. Still, she did know that Ira was very dutiful to her tasks. The female chuckled when hearing about many interesting characters. She would love to meet a few and see how interesting they really were. "I see, well maybe there is someone in those interesting characters then," she chuckled to Ira. The female smiled at Leta as she asked questions about the stars. Valette wasn't really sure where her love for the stars came from but at least Leta was excited and that did the mother some good. She wouldn't mind to let the two chat. Valette stood by Greyback, she just felt like a proud parent seeing their whole family together.

Poor west :'D
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta found the 'adult conversation' boring, but was respectful of it nonetheless until she could pipe up with her inquiry. She was disappointed to hear the answer, and sighed a little. Not many knew very much of the stars, it seemed. Leta wondered if she would find an expert on them. But she answered Ira, happiness surpassing any disappointment she had felt to discuss her favored subject. Yes!!! she shared with a smile. There are so many! And they make lots of cool shapes. I saw a bird, and a bear, and a bug, and her bright eyes shifted to her father. Daddy saw them, too! He had told her so, after all. 

Leta turned and beamed at her mother and Ira. I can show you guys, too??? She hoped aloud, wondering if her mother would like to see and excited to spend more quality time with her sister, if she could. Being surrounded by boys was never bad—she loved her brothers more than she could say—but something about her sisters presence was nice, too, and Leta was glad for her visit.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback stepped back from his daughter, falling in line next to Valette and his children with a warm smile still plastered to his face. He was glad she was doing well, and even more so that she wasn't interested in anyone... yet, according to Valette's question. As much as he loved his daughter, she was always a pup in his eyes and he didn't quite know how to feel, or even accept the fact if she fell in love and got pregnant.

He watched as West and Leta circled her, their questions loud and exuberant. "Leta, dear," he cooed "Mind your manners, im sure there will be time for you and Ira to talk about the stars later. For now why dont you go play with your brothers?" he pointed his nose outwards to west, hoping they would run along.

"I'm sorry about her, she's a bit... excited. It seems she misses having a sister to play with," he chuckled.  "You should stay, at least for the night and to catch up. We all miss you."

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Just noticed this thread is pretty old :( we can wrap up this round if you guys want! They can have family bonding time off-screen for a day or two. I'll have to send Ira over again soon once she is capable of long-distance travel

The constable could only muse a huffed laugh at the suggestion. Perhaps. In all honesty, she did not see herself settling down with anyone, at least no time soon. Perhaps she would have thought otherwise a few moons ago, but now she only wanted to focus on her duties.

Ira smiled down at her sister, leaning close as she spoke of shapes and pictures in the sky. She could not say she saw the same, but perhaps the mountain wolf had not looked close enough. Is that so? You will have to show me then. Her gaze shifted to their father as he suggested Leta run off with West. West seemed to take the hint (perhaps to his parents' surprise) and eagerly called for Leta to follow as he started running off with a wagging tail.

You know I do not mind their excitement. I only get to see my siblings on blue moons now. They had already grown so much in the short time that had passed since she last visited. If she wasn't careful they'd be her height by the next visit. Of course I'll stay. I did not travel two days to just turn around. I'm sure there is much to catch up on.