Moonspear I wear my long black dress, and a veil of disaster
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra hurt for him as he spoke, though it did not show. The Ostrega knew how such a thing felt, albeit to a different degree; the abandonment Dragomir had faced in his own lifetime was far more severe than the sort Hydra had. Yet she felt irate by it nonetheless (on his behalf); he was but a young boy who deserved none of what had happened to him in his short lifetime. It was terribly unfair, yet such was life. She hated so how Isilme had left him this way, without a word; the same as Vela, and so many countless others. There was nothing she could say to soothe this pain, having experienced it herself. We will continue to search, Hydra drawled, it is all we can do; we will not give up, no matter how much time might pass. We know her scent; if she can be found, someday she will be, Hydra hummed. Hydra hoped for Dragomir's sake that the girl had not abandoned him of her own volition, though there had never been an indication of otherwise. No sign of struggle, no sign of anything except for the scent-fade that came when one left them of their own free will. 

If her own family could do it knowing how Hydra felt on the matter, Isilme surely could too; if she took after her mother, she likely thought little of it by ways of consequence to her. Hydra herself would not be so very forgiving unless something contradicted this belief. 

But he latched on to the subject shift, fortunately; this was something Hydra could work with in more ways than one. Hydra nodded, shifting her weight as she thought of all Arcturus might have taught him and all Dragomir himself had even seen. He had been with them the day Hydra had taken over the fallen moose with the Nightwalkers, and she wondered how much he remembered from that day. Control is important, she drawled, and it is easier to control things if you are not alone. Naturally, this sometimes will happen. It is important to take charge of the situation as best as you are able to, she advised. Hydra considered for a moment, and asked so she could know what all he had been taught by Arcturus at this point, what else has he taught you, thus far? 

The Ostrega looked around them for something that could be used as their proverbial kill in the moment; something easy to grab and defend alike. Sticks were too easy for any aggressor to steal, given their light weight... and yet to that end, easy to defend in that they could be grabbed back at the other end. That was a decent place to start at to see how far along he was there, but Hydra contemplated defending a rabbit in their stores for the sake of understanding the difference between the give of fur and meat which also came into play when defending the kill. One ear remained upon him all the while, indication that she was also listening to him fully in the meantime. Hydra had settled upon the idea of going to a cache to acquire a kill to defend, and after he answered she'd reveal as much.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: I wear my long black dress, and a veil of disaster - by Hydra - December 30, 2019, 12:25 PM