Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
This is going to be set for March 26th after this thread. For @Mal, @Simmik now or later and anyone else!

The fiery wolf took a heavy breath as he looked over the thick evergreen forest before him. He was not 100% keen on leaving the island (or the coast in general for that matter) for an extended period of time yet he just as much more only wanted to prove himself to @Ying, he wanted to prove himself to @Huā, to Ruo... He had already ensured them he was someone worth having around but now he needed to solidify that. Needed to be an important asset of his pack where so many times before he was considered 'disposable'. Aiolos was not sure if he would ever be able to outrun his past and shake out the way he once lived. But he would try. So the large wolf tilted his head to the morning skies and called out for the Leader of Neverwinter and his companions.
moonglow daddy
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik was already patrolling the borders when she heard the call. Patrolling was the only way she knew how to pull her weight right now. Her fighting and hunting skills still needed work, and this was something she had become somewhat efficient in. But eventually, her patrols would put her in a situation where she might need to be able to defend herself and the pack, and she needed to start preparing herself for that. She increased her speed, not wanting to leave the visitor alone near the borders for very long. They had called for Mal, but that didn't mean she trusted them. What if it was someone looking to start trouble? Skilled fighter or not, she was going to try her best to keep the forest peaceful. 

She slowed as she reached the sandy stranger, her face an unreadable mask. She offered him only a shrewd gaze at first, taking in his muscular form as she searched for any clues that his intentions were malignant. But if they were, then she couldn't tell. He was powerful, that much was obvious, and he was here for a reason. But any other information would require her to address him. This is Neverwinter Forest, she finally said. What business brings you so close to our borders?
Inuttuk
Common
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
I was hoping to snag a Simmik in this thread, Mal would have told her his plans there if you were gonna join it!

Hm. That was an unfamiliar howl. Calling for him, though, so of course Mal headed out that way. Wouldn't take him too long to get there. Time to set off on a trot and appear there soon.

But Simmik had shown up first. Well, technically this meeting might actually have a good deal to do with her anyway. The man that stood there wasn't familiar, but as he got closer he thought he smelled the scent of Yuelong. So, was this one of the two Ying had mentioned as a possible trainer? Aw hell, what were the names again? He'd remember, give him a sec... 

Mal looked to Simmik then -- she'd had enough time to ask a question or two, so he wasn't going to just talk on over her or repeat it. Then to the man. Though Mal himself for now remained silent, his confidence did say that he was likely the one in charge here.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
At first approach it was a female which came to him. She was a stark white woman, fitting for an arctic setting high in the snowy mountains. Yet here she came out of the thick evergreens and spoke of the borders which he stood and asked of his intentions as it were, given he was toeing at their borders. I am of Junshi, Ying sends me. He pauses here as the sight and scent of another pulls at his attention. Fiery gaze shifts from the snow woman and onto Mal, a man of splotchy grays, white and black with a sense of confidence as he came that might state he is of rank if not the leader himself. Shifting his gaze between the pair, he continues on. I'm Aiolos, I'm here to train your potential guards.  And he would make good warriors of them if he could.
moonglow daddy
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
making an assumption here about what she knows. lmk if i need to edit <3

It wasn't long before Mal appeared, but she didn't release any of the tension from her muscles or regard the stranger with any less suspicion—not until he stated his reason for being here. Mal had told her about his plans for her to train with someone from another pack. She was, of course, all for it. Simmik was more than ready to learn the skills she needed to protect the forest; she wanted to be an asset, not the burden she often felt that she was. She studied him more intently now, deciding after a few moments that he definitely looked like someone who knew how to fight. Good; hopefully that meant he had a lot to teach her. 

She deferred to Mal then, indicating that he was clearly the one in charge here.  Her gaze moved between the two men a few times before settling on Aiolos, but she held any comments to herself for now.
Inuttuk
Common
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Aha, so it was the wolf he was expecting! Welcome to Neverwinter -- I'm Mal. I hope your trip over here was nice and uneventful. I'm looking forward to seeing your skills in action. He hoped he'd live up to expectations. The fact he'd been on Ying's short list meant that he had to be skilled -- unless he was another Mango.

He then motioned to his packmate, Simmik here would be one of the ones you'll be training. But he did look back to Aiolos to conclude, And I believe Lenny may want some additional training. If you have the opportunity to evaluate others' abilities in self defense, myself included, it would be appreciated. But prioritize. That part he'd leave up to Aiolos himself. There was also a part two to this all -- did he carry information about the future meet? But hey, save that for next round, right? Any questions about that, from either of you?
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
She was tense and weary of the man at her doorstep. Good. She kept her watch on him as guard should. And once all was out on the floor she would defer to her Alpha in wait of his words. A very friendly man, confirming he was in fact Mal, the leader which he had been seeking. 

Aiolos smiles and dips his ginger chin to the man as he mentions looking forward to seeing his work. The pressure was on but Aiolos had every means of being calm. He had never formerly trained anyone before, but Ovid had trained him and taught him well. Since then, Aiolos had been sparring and fighting to keep himself up at the top of the ranks of men. 

He side glances to the young Simmik when she is mentioned, confirming to him that she would be a wolf in need of training. It seemed obvious. She was quite young yet still and much of her skills would come with time and practice. A 'Lenny' was then mentioned,  someone whom may need to brush up on her skills but already capable? Mal also went onto say that any additional wolves who just need a few basics on defenses perhaps evaluated would be good too, including himself. I'd be honored to do all I can with the time I have here. Having a mission meant he not only could keep vista but also meant that he was an asset to both his pack and his allies. I have no questions on that but, where would you like me to stay? Though  he was both an ally and a guest here, his wondering around in their home may be limited to certain areas. Perhaps there was certain places for the communal den to avoid, or where to be or nursing mothers had their young- all which should be avoided. Maybe all together he would be told to stay at the very outskirts of the land. Either way, he was here to work, not to explore.
moonglow daddy
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik rarely had a much to say; she preferred to listen and take in and speak only when there was need of it, and that was what she did now. She watched the interaction between Mal and Aiolos, her excitement growing as Mal explained that she would be the one the warrior would be training; her heart beat faster in response, but she kept her face neutral as she continued to listen. It seemed Aiolos was here to do more than just train her, which was a good idea. With all the uncertainty around them, they all needed to be prepared for the worst. 

Mal asked if they had any questions, and Aiolos only wanted to know where he would be staying while he was here. Simmik had no questions; it all seemed very straight forward. She shook her head. I'm ready to train whenever you are, were all the words she offered as she gave their visitor a respectful dip of her head. Then she looked to Mal, waiting to see if they were done here or if he there was more he needed to say.
Inuttuk
Common
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He definitely seemed like a down to business kind of guy. But hey, it wasn't like he was here for a holiday, so that probably made sense. They'd likely get a chance to talk at some later point as well. I can show you to some of the common areas. Probably best to stick around those while you're in the territory, and away from dens you weren't invited to. Though I will say as an exception that you're free to find me at my little patch of ground -- I'm available if anyone needs anything. Hopefully wouldn't be needed (aside from your every-day chats) because everything was going to go smoothly, right?

But there was that one other thing to ask about, Did Ying give you any information about future investigations? If she hadn't he was gonna be slightly confused about how the next step was going to work. Would they have to have another meet before further scouting was done? Well, should get an answer soon, right?
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Sounds good to me. He spoke to Mal on behalf of being shown around where the common areas were and what areas to perhaps not venture towards. Being breeding season and with children on the way, Aiolos had no means to go stepping on anyone's toes where he didnt belong, ally or not. 

Fiery gaze side-glanced over to the young 'Snow' and then back again to Mal's question to which the corner of his mouth pulled back and a shrug rolled back over his shoulders. Cant say I do. Ying tends to leave is on a more 'need to know' basis. Which unfortunately meant Olo was going in blind, kind of like now. It was frustrating not knowing what all was going down but he imagined perhaps it was best so that wrong information didnt go flying around. Ying was the brains of the matter and he was the bulk, at least so much he had been taught all his life.
moonglow daddy
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Her gaze flicked to Mal as he mentioned future investigations. Was he intentionally being cryptic? She wanted to ask about it, especially when it appeared that Aiolos seemed to know what he was referring to. But she had the feeling that now probably wasn't the time to start asking a bunch of questions. Aiolos had just arrived, and it seemed he didn't have any further information on the subject anyway. She filed her questions away for the next time she talked to Mal alone.

Simmik looked between the two men and waited to see if they had anything else to say. Maybe Mal wanted her to show Aiolos around or something. Or maybe he wanted to do that himself. Either way, she wouldn't take her leave until she was sure they didn't need anything else from her.
Inuttuk
Common
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Hmm. She hadn't said anything? Weird. Okay. Perhaps she needed more time to plan, then. I'll check with her if we don't hear anything. What would he tell Kyr then? Did they just have to figure it out on their own? Would it be better to coordinate with Moonspear?  He'd figure it out over the next few weeks if things stayed radio silent.

I can show you around, as mentioned. But a pause, then to Simmik, Unless you wanted to? You're the one who'll probably be spending the most time with him, so up to you. Slight grin. Either she could better introduce herself now or just avoid it 'til later. If she wanted to, he'd take the time to figure out the whole what the heck to do about Ying dropping the ball thing.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Last for me!

Things were a bit, different, that was for sure, though Ying had revealed nothing when it came to her personal life to allow him to know if anything was wrong or not with her. Aiolos had a hope that the black streaked she-wolf just needed a bit more time to get it together. 

Nodding his gingered muzzle and turning to Simmik, After you? he questioned, willing to have her lead him along if she would have him. To which, of course, he'd follow.
moonglow daddy
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
It made sense that she show him around since, as Mal pointed out, she would be spending the most time with Aiolos. Simmik nodded. Sure, no problem, she answered, turning to Aiolos. She would find Mal later and ask him about the other stuff. 

When cued, she nodded again and turned to head into the forest, dipping her head some at Mal as she passed and offering him a small smile.
Inuttuk
Common