Bearclaw Valley Information Gained is Another Way to Get Stronger
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
All Welcome 
Looking for Merrick or Astara (@Merrick @Astara ) But anyone is welcome - Takes place before the whole Easthollow stuff going down. Skoll brings news of another pack forming not far from where they are, even if its in a different area lol. 

When Skoll got back to the pack, he already knew what he needed to do. Letting someone else, know, namely the leaders would be a good decision to make. It didn't look like that forming pack was any big, but at least he knew it was there now, and the others would too once he spoke with them. Whatever the leaders did with that information didn't matter to him, but the forming pack didn't seem to be any dangerous at all, especially with that soft wolf he'd spoken to that appeared to be the leader. 

He lifted his head to howl, a sound that would bring someone's attention.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
skoll never howled at the borders. it was unlike him; the soldier came and went rather quietly about his duties. regular pillar of the pack, that one. merrick came at once, tail bobbing behind the eager swing of his haunches. "what is it?" he asked, thrusting his ears forward with a grin riddled in anticipation.
for all merrick truly knew it was run-of-the-mill reporting. but it was a bit of change, a shift in skoll's otherwise careful routine, from what the boy had gathered. and so he waited, thrumming with wonderment.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll did have something of a routine for the things he did in the day. Most days, he would patrol the borders, and then after he would eat if he felt like it, nap, and then go walk the borders again at night. What brought him to go exploring before was his selfish want to see more of the places that were close to where Ursis planted their claim. And if he found anything interesting... well he simply could report it back to the pack, like he was doing now. 

Merrick had appeared soon after the call was lifted into the sky, and Skoll was grateful for that. He knew someone would show up eventually. When the leader showed up, Skoll's ears swiveled forward in attention. 

"A new pack is trying to take claim in Blackfeather woods - the leader is named after the place, even." He started. "It doesn't look like they're any big yet, nor dangerous. The leader only wanted to make friends when I found it. Thought it would be a good idea to bring the information home in case." Skoll added on. 

He did plan on visiting that pack in the future, there was no reason not to, really. Maybe they could become an ally one day, if they were strong enough for it. 

"I plan on gathering more information from their leader as time goes on. I don't know if they would make a good ally seeing their weak demeanor, but we know they're there now. And haven't been for long." 
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
merrick was attentive, brow furrowing as skoll gave word of another growing pack. he knew the forest of which the man spoke; it was too close to ursus for his liking, but not near to them as easthollow.
from the information gathered, they were weak with a small number. this placated whatever murderous thoughts might have come to titillate merrick now. he hummed to himself, thinking. "thank you. this sort of information is always useful." a grin tipped the torn corners of his lips skyward. "are you interested in being their friend? might facilitate this trail of information more easily."
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
At least his information that he brought back was useful - even if he didn't have much information to bring home to the pack. Small packs didn't really have much information to give. Though Skoll did have the name of the leader, too, in case Merrick or another was sent out to pay a visit. Whether or not they chose to chase that pack out was none of Skoll's business. He had been hostile at the start, but allowed the other wolf to be closer for a short moment to get information. Merrick's question was not surprising. 

"I think keeping an eye on them would be good, just in case. But I don't think they will come here to bother us." 
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"i don't think so, either." skoll was not built like a ferocious character, but the sinewy strength in the man reminded merrick always of his blackbird. she had no hulk to her trim frame, and she had shed as much blood as he — more, now. more bodies beneath the snap of her belt.
he grinned.
"no reason not to foster an alliance, even if they are small. you have my blessing to do whatever you need. whatever you want," he added, a glint lighting a blaze of momentary fire in his remaining eye.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll wasn't known for his physical stregnth, and that was fine. He didn't know if he wanted to be known for that anyway - it could get one in to many troubles down the line. Mentally, though, he could consider himself a strong wolf. Planning ways for protection and danger in ways he didn't think most of Ursus did, brutes they were. He still enjoyed being around them all the same. 

With Merrick's blessing to do what he wanted, Skoll knew he wasn't going to lose this opportunity to see if they could make an alliance out of this pack even if it was more friendly than he would have liked. A smirk quirked to his face, and the fire in Merrick's eyes was easily returned by Skoll's own. 

"Thank you." 

Can prolly fade here!