Neverwinter Forest you ask me what I'm thinking about, I'll tell you what I'm thinking about
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The woman who met them was familiar to the matriarch, and it was not long before she knew why. Although she was surprised to see her face here, she was glad for it. In these times, Mal could surely benefit from a wolf of her aptitude and strength. Mindful, Hydra dipped her head in polite greeting, while also revealing that she understood her place here. She might be on neutral territory, but she had come close enough to Neverwinter to warrant it. Hydra took a few steps forward so as to stand beneath the skirt of a fir, finding brief relief from the rain there. It was not that she minded, being a wolf born and bred of the wilds—but even by her standards, there was much too much of the stuff as of late. 

She observed how she regarded Bronco, and was pleased for that too. Too long, indeed, she drawled, time is too fickle a thing. We must see one another again, before long. Perhaps once these rains end, she suggested, looking upward at the veil of it that came down. Hydra had quite enjoyed her time with the woman long ago. She seemed quick of wit and also of familiar pedigree... why should they not, if Vallkyrie was willing? 

Keres seemed to enjoy her, too; her sister had good instinct, as did Bronco it seemed. 

And then came Mal. Despite herself, she could not help the twinkle in her eye. He was most unlike any she had met before. And where once she had hated it, it had shifted to tolerance... but something else, too. It was complicated. But at the very least, there was, from her end, the absence of that sour feeling. In the rain, and with his efforts, Hydra did not see the hitch in his gait... and, him not yet being close enough, did not see anything else that suggested he had met with danger recently either. 

Hydra's ear flicked, quipping, I suppose you have not heard of a surprise party, then. We were only waiting for your arrival, attempting to get a better look at him, but still not yet able to from this distance. I have some news for you. I was in the area to check upon the progress of my packmates when I found a wolf at your door, she drawled, and not the sort you might hope for. A Saint spy, Here she waited for Mal to get settled, so that he might not miss anything that she had to say. 

of course <3 u is always welcome.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: you ask me what I'm thinking about, I'll tell you what I'm thinking about - by Hydra - September 17, 2020, 08:18 AM