Redsand Canyon All through the day
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
All Welcome 
Thread meant for @Derg but since I love the idea they went to look for each other at the same time it takes place at the same time as this thread :P I know... I am mean! So AW!! :D :D

Arlette had traveled into the Sunspire mountains from the edge of Kaistleoki's territory. She had given them some distance as she didn't feel like seeing Ira at the moment. As the girl had traveled up the mountain, and towards which she thought was Redsand Canyon, to only find out it was not where the canyon was located. She had thought the Redsand Canyon had been further North-west but it seemed it was in the other direction. This had been the vale. She just trotted past the pack lands, which name she didn't know. Arlette had found a purpose to be a Redsand Canyon, Derg.

It took her another one and a half days of traveling when she finally saw the red pillars and the canyon before her. Her heart leaped. She had promised to keep an ear out for Rusalka and the other names Derg mentioned, and then she happened to run into a pack member of Rusalka. The girl approached the border respectfully and howled for Derg, who was at this moment in Easthollow looking for her. There was eagerness in her tone as she wanted to give him the good news. The girl looked rather travel-worn but that was not stopping her from knocking on his door.
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
A howl at the borders of his beautiful canyon. Who could it be this time? Ursus? Better fucking not be. It seems it’s time to find out though. 

He begins his journey from Warrior’s Heart, urging himself into a rushed gallop. A thin coating of red dust gathers over his dark coat as he runs through the sandy terrain. This call isn’t for him, it’s for someone else. When he gets close he slows to a trot, spotting the form of another wolf — pale in appearance. 

He approaches her like he owns the place because he does. Trotting up to her with his head high and a neutral expression planted on his face, golden orbs flick to her own scared face. “Are you aware of who’s borders you’re at?” He asks smoothly, a smile daring to creep up on his maw. “Who’re you and why’re you here?” Comes his more serious response.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
The girl perked up her ears eagerly when someone appeared. She didn't have to wait long. But she quickly realized that this was not Derg. Her ears flopped back submissively and she lowered her body when the male came closer. He carried himself so confidently he had to be the leader. Arlette wouldn't want to be disrespectful. She wagged her tail a bit as she kept her body low.

"Uhh.. Yes!," she returned to him, battering her red eyes at him. "Derg said he lived at the canyon in the mountains. This is the canyon, right?, she asked, now she wasn't entirely sure. But it had to be! No, she shouldn't doubt herself. Arlette tried to look a bit more confident as she spoke her next words. "I'm Arlette, and I came for Derg... to see him," she admitted, he had told her he had wanted to see her. "Is he home?" she wondered. Maybe he was still traveling, then again, he had said to her that he would travel home only a few days ago...
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He’s satisfied by her display of submission. He watches her with that curious yellow gaze, raising a cream brow at her. Then all of a sudden she’s looking for Derg and the further she goes the more suspicious he gets. Why exactly does she want to see him? He’s unable to control the jealous squint of his eyes at her, casual smile still planted on his handsome face. 

This woman herself is beautiful, her scars don’t take away from that beauty, rather it magnifies it for the brindled male. Surely Derg sees that too. Such a seemingly sweet personality too. The feeling that’s sinking into his chest is most accurately described as jealousy. He has not right to be jealous over his Overseer. He doesn’t own him. Yet, here he is. 

Donovan doesn’t make her wait too long, for he’s nodding casually at her response. “Okay, Arlette,a click of his tongue and a quick raise of his brows. “I believe you. Relax.” He practically orders the other wolf so she doesn’t have to continue cowering to the ground. “But no, Derg isn’t here right now. He left somewhere. Can’t tell you where, but he left a few hours ago or something.”

Then he steps heavy paws towards her, moving to slink around her form. Keeping a solid foot of distance between them, he languidly circles her. Making a show of it as his eyes follow her as he goes. “What pack are you from? And what is your relationship with my Overseer?” His inquiry is smooth, almost suggestive and flirty.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
The girl watched the large male with curiosity in her gaze. Her ears swiveled forward when he used her name and told her to relax. She straightened up, but her tail was still at her hocks. She nodded with disappointment when the male informed her that Derg was not here. Too bad. "A few hours?," she repeated, gosh so close. If she hadn't gone the wrong way into the mountain range she might have been in time to see him. Then she wouldn't have to bypass that pack and mountain to make it to the canyon. "I understand," she added then, to confirm, and show respect. She could understand this man wouldn't want to tell a stranger what the male was up to.

She stepped back when he stepped so purposely towards her. Unfamiliar with it. She stopped when he began to circle her. Her ears flopped back against her skull. She willed herself to stand still. She had been respectful so she should have nothing to fear. At least, she hoped. He did keep his distance but the girl was definitely intimidated. This male gave her a different vibe than Derg had. He had been kind to her. This male came across as intimidating but his voice was warm and smooth. He was hard to read for her. "Easthollow," she returned. "But I--" she paused for a moment. "I don't plan on going back there." She admitted to him then, resolution in her voice. It felt freeing to admit it out loud. She knew it the moment she talked to her brother.

The girl suddenly felt flustered at the direct questions. "I'd like to think we are friends, acquaintances at least," she returned to the male, trying to follow him with at least her eyes as he was circling her. Was this how prey felt? She had never really been approached by males like this. She was not used to this flirtatious attention at all. She didn't feel like she was pretty. "What does the Overseer rank mean in your pack?," she asked curiously, wanting to turn the conversation away from things she was uncertain about herself. "You haven't introduced yourself," she commented, her red eyes on him.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Though Nyra had wanted to rest before the move, the unfamiliar howl that cut the air made her curious. 
Thus, the Titaness pulled herself from her den once again and made for the direction of the call.
She took a little longer to arrive given her injuries, but all the same, she noted Donovan was already there, as was an unfamiliar female, save for the scent of Easthollow upon her. 
The snowy female stalked up to join her Grandmaster, catching the ends of her words as she got closer...
Easthollow, not going back, acquaintences at least, so on so forth. 

Nyra stayed silent for the moment, sliding her fiery golden eyes to Donovan, then back to the girl, tilting her head to the side a bit.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He’s almost surprised she’s not more nervous about his shark like circling. The slight curl of his smirk and the way his eyes dance over her sleek, pale pelt. She seems rather tame. Not growling and eyeing him with hatred and disgust — something he’s used to and genuinely doesn’t care about any longer. She seems smart enough to know that Donovan is in charge and she’s not asking for anything crazy (except for his handsome Overseer).

So as he circles, she speaks. Very generous with information too, perfect. Though when she mentions Easthollow his mind instantly goes back to the only interaction he’s had with the pack — the Ursus V Easthollow fight. He almost wants to scoff. Not at her though, at Ursus. He’s almost disgusted that he fought along side them now, desiring nothing but to burn their pack to the ground. For now, he plays the game. So just as he’s been taught he continues. 

“Oh?” He hums in mood surprised as she mentions not wanting to go back to Easthollow. Then she keeps going with bouts of questions that almost make him laugh. The fact that he’s being mighty sus and she politely asks for his name already make him like her more than your average neighborhood stranger. 

He sighs then. “Okay. You’re Derg’s friend you say.” He offers as his conversation starter. “Derg is my right hand man, and I his. It’s a twin alpha position to mine.” Donovan informs her. “Names Kynareth by the way. So why aren’t you going back to Easthollow, darling?” Comes his sly, interested reply.

Then something catches his eye — more movement. Sun like orbs shoot to the area and finds one of his favorites — Nyra. Offering her a teasing smile that says We have some entertainment, before he looks back to Arlette. He even dares to softly brush past her, to stand closer to Nyra yet in front of Arlette.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette learned that Derg had a higher position in the pack than she initially thought, or assumed. Though, she was not sure if that was a bad or good thing. Perhaps it did put more of a spotlight on her at the moment since they were co-leading this pack. Of course, this male would want to know about her. Arlette disliked his circling around her, but she was not so bold as to show her dislike and discomfort. She came here by choice. Frankly, she didn't think she would be treated this way, but... She came here by choice.

She nodded minimally when he confirmed that they were friends. She really hoped that Derg thought of that the same way about her otherwise that would be a bit embarrassing. A female appeared by the male, pale as her but yellow eyes. She almost missed the man's name. Kynareth. He was the leader of this pack with Derg. He still hadn't revealed what the pack's name was, neither had Derg. Arlette shied the scarred side of her face away from them. They probably had long seen it probably. Thinking about the scars made her feel unconscious. She tried to remind what the male at the hot springs had told her. Make the living proud by living.

"Too many painful memories," she commented in return. She didn't like that he called her darling. She wasn't his darling. It still hurt to talk about to remember what she lost. It was not a lie she told him but it wasn't exactly the truth either, just like she also had information for Derg she had managed to avoid telling him. Her expression stayed a hollow after thinking about what happened back in Easthollow. "I really don't want to be be a bother, Mr. Kynareth. I can come back later for Derg," she offered, red eyes going from the male to the white female. Her stomach growling, she should probably find some food in the meanwhile, and clean herself up a bit to not look like a total mess.
she'll make you take your clothes
off and go dancing in the rain
71 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
Cameo unless noticed and spoken to

She remained in the background, an observer if you will. She was a backstage performer this time, or maybe she was a member of the audience this time? Oh what did it matter, she was not to interfere but she could watch? Couldn't she? 

She gathered the details from her position. She was on a ledge in the cliffside, a place she liked to go to have privacy to converse with the spirit she had bound to her. This area did not echo as badly, so if she raised her voice, she would not summon someone to think something was wrong. She watched as the scared woman howled but when the priestess had finally placed the skull of a wolf don the ledge so that she might greet hee.. well, it was too late. The kitten had arrived, so she moved her body closer to the edge to watch.

She gathered the details, the ddiscomfort, and the words. This was lovely information, maybe it would benefit her later. Where the lady was from, who she was looking for. Derg, interesting. She wondered if the kitten would offer her a place, if she would be joining the group or if she would be sent on her way to find the man she sought.

Oh, this play was quite interesting indeed.

1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Too many painful memories. 

Something he can relate to. Maybe that’s why he never went back to his home land. Part of it also being the fact that if he went back and any of his enemies saw him without a pack, they’d slaughter him. New place new start then. 

So he acknowledges her statement with a quick hum. Quickly enough she’s mentioning that she doesn’t want to be a bother and at this he smiles. “Oh~ not at all, dear. A friend of Derg is a friend of mine.” He offers easily and perhaps a bit suspiciously. “Where will you find yourself now that you won’t go back to Easthollow? You tryna join the Saints so you can be with your boyfriend?” Kynareth’s mouth holds his usual teasing smile, his eyes playful as well. Hopefully he doesn’t offend her or surely he’d get an earful from Derg later if what she says in true. 

Out of the corner of his eye he sees another figure approach — Dove this time. So many white wolves in one place! Kynareth’s kind of the black sheep of the group it seems. Though as he glances to the two Saints he holds a grin that basically says that he’s having fun teasing this poor girl.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
I hope it is my turn! Kind of confused with the order! Plz let me know if I was out of turn!!

Arlette hadn't noticed the white wolf on the cliffs. She was kept busy by the leader and the white female. The girl was not sure to believe the male at first when he said a friend of Derg was a friend of his. She looked hesitant. He was definitely very different from Derg. Arlette shrugged lightly. "I don't know. I haven't really planned things yet," she admitted to the male, which might not be smart.

She was about the continue when she grew flustered and shook her head. Derg had been nice, kind even. He was very charming and well-- But it had been so recent after Kaito. She hardly knew the man, right? They only spend a few days together. Plus, she didn't feel like a male would ever love her with the scars she had. That thought hurt. "He isn't. Stop it," she replied ending in a croak. She stepped back, her face showing a bit of the hurt as she couldn't help but be an open book. Her own thoughts were often her worst enemy.

Her ears were held back, head carried low, as she casted her deep red eyes at Kynareth. There was a bit of a scowl in there. Mostly because of her own hateful thoughts. Her own insecurity. "Why should I join your pack? So you can keep teasing me?," she wondered. She had already been the ignored and ill treated by her mother, she was not enduring that again.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Its okay I don’t think there’s much of a posting order anyway lol

He’s not bothered by her indecisiveness, though it seems she is bothered by what he calls light hearted teasing. He almost feels bad, he doesn’t though. What he does think about is Derg and his relationship with this woman. He could probably ruin it right now, run her off and tell her not to come back. Tell her that Derg is his even though he’s not.

But that’s fucked up. 

Kynareth’s mind rolls around and he’s thinking of what to do next. He didn’t think she’d be too hurt by his poke yet here she is — a scowl on her pretty, little face. He’ll try to reel it in, only for Derg though. It seems this one is a bit more sensitive, sometimes it be like that.

He sighs, gazing into her crimson hues. “Dear, I didn’t mean to offend you.” He says seriously. “I meant what I said, if you’re on Derg’s good side and he trusts you then I have to respect that. I just like to tease, especially when a beautiful woman is knocking at my door.” He shifts his weight absentmindedly and offers a wink to lighten up the mood. “You may stay if you’d like to wait, or not. Whatever you’d like. My girls over here can keep you company if you don’t want mine.” He hums with a quirky raise of his brow and a small smile, gesturing to Dove and Nyra, involuntarily volunteering them. She’d probably like them more anyway.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette shook her head lightly. She was not really offended, she just didn't like to be teased and treated the way she was treated. After her mother ignored her, and treated her badly she had decided that she never would allow others to make her feel a certain way. The teasing of this male... She couldn't put a finger on it but it didn't sit well with her. Perhaps she was just too insecure to take a light joke, some light teasing the male did. But the wounds inside of her were still fresh.

"I just don't like to be teased," she returned, trying to sound confident but she wasn't sure if she really came across that way. Her heart beating so quickly as she tried to stand her ground. She frowned when he called her a beautiful woman. She was clearly not, so was this another jab at her? Was this the wolf Derg lead a pack with? Arlette was completely unaware that the man was trying to be friendly with her. Her heart had already been beating out of her chest when she admitted that she didn't like to be teased so now she just shied her face away from him. "I'd like to wait for Derg," she decided with a nod. Arlette then noticed the other female, another white female, and glanced between the two.

"Is one of them a medic? I'd love to exchange information?," she wondered. She then briefly glanced at Kynareth, not really wanting to admit that maybe she did rather want to speak to the females instead of him. "If not, then that is alright too," she quickly added. She hoped Derg would be here soon.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Tagging @Dove and @Nyra because Don is exiting the thread unless stopped.

This female has insecurities if it isn’t obvious enough. Though Kynareth doesn’t mind them so much as one might think he does. Everyone has insecurities no? To him it’s not a big deal, yet to another it might be. Still, he nods understandably when she mentions that she doesn’t like being teased. Something he’s definitely disappointed to hear. For its one of his favorite things to do, especially to women sadly.

“Yes, Dove is our medic.” He gestures to the other female with the curled tail. “And Nyra is our Blade.” He hums, informing her of their ranks. “I’ll leave you to them then, darling.” Offering a casual smile to her before he pushes near the two females whispering a quick, “Keep an eye on her while she waits for Derg. Don’t give out too much information and definitely don’t let her wander.” He says it quietly near the two, hardly audible if anything. But then much louder — loud enough for all of them to clearly hear — he sings, “Have fun, girls.” As he trots off back into the canyon, with one look back to the two that basically says ya’ll got this before he’s off back into the heart of the canyon. Leaving Dove and Nyra to handle their new company.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra had been silent the entire time she was standing here, observing and listening to her Grandmaster tease this poor girl, who seemed very shaken up overall. 
As Donovan volunteered the Blade, and apparently Dove, who Nyra hadn't registered was also here, to keep Derg's friend company, Nyra froze for a moment, but still said nothing. 

As her alpha muttered ghost-like to her as he passed, she gave a single, soft nod. 

Then, he was gone. 

With a tired yet gentle sigh, the titaness took a few steps toward Arlette, voice kind and soft - a rather blunt difference from how her tone usually was nowadays, "Don't worry love, you'll be alright." Nyra offered a gentle, warm smile. Arlette's injuries, similar in a way to Derg's, did not go unnoticed, but, the Shieldmaiden thought it best she didn't ask what happened. 
Instead, she gestured a bit with her head as she turned, tail to the new female, looking back at her as a silent invitation to join at her side as she began to move again at a slow walk "You look hungry. Perhaps we might be able to catch a hare or two for you, yeah?" Nyra glanced to Arlette as she made the offer "There's not a lot of options for food here in the canyon, honestly. Not that I've seen, at least... Pronghorn, hares, the occasional vulture maybe, if you're fast enough. Snakes and lizards if one gets too desperate, I suppose?" The shieldmaiden chuckled softly as she mentioned reptiles. There were likely more food options than she had listed, but those were the few that came to mind.
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
The pale female stepped forward when she spoke. Arlette kept her red eyes at Nyra. The medic wanted to tell the other that she was not worried but she figured it was meant with kindness, and that she was never opposed to. Arlette welcomed the invitation and stepped closer to her, while her eyes wandered to the other female, Dove. She was a medic! Interesting.

Arlette could not really lie that she was hungry but knowing that they did not have a lot she quickly shook her head. "Very kind, but if you don't have a lot of options then I would rather you keep the food for your pack and the ones that need it," she spoke politely. "Snakes? Are they even edible. I was told to stay away from them..." She shuddered at the thought.

She looked at Dove, she was curious about that female as well. But perhaps she got a chance to talk with her later. After all, she wasn't sure how long she would have to wait for Derg to come home.

We can wrap it up here unless you want to continue that is fine as well!! :)
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sorry for the wait!! ;_; we can definitely wrap this up tho! If you wanna post one more time feel free!! :) 

Nyra chuckled softly, offering Arlette another kind smile "It's really no trouble. As for snakes, well...yes, they are edible, but to me they don't taste very good. Kind of a last resort, in my opinion. But, who knows? Maybe someone out there enjoys the taste of snakes." She laughed a bit.
Health (100/100)