Moonspear A return from the dead [AW]
34 Posts
Ooc — Aislin
Joining 
It had been some time since the cougar fight that Kane had been in Moonspear. The man wondered how angry and concerned Hydra was at his disappearance. Not just Hydra, but the rest of the pack he let down. Kane had been in the middle of constructing an arena to train other wolves in the art of fighting, but since the cougar came, all of his attention had to be focused once more on the safety of the pack. While the cougar had been fought off, the next battle Kane had to face was a mysterious illness following an infection he got from a cut. 

It had been weeks of hell, unable to eat well save for the smallest portions of rotting corpses. Not the best thing to eat while sick, but it was better than nothing. Kane had spent many restless nights in pain, eating what medicinal plants he could find. One day, he woke up one morning with no pain and no fever. While his body was still physically tired and sore, Kane could still at least feel more of his energy return than the day before. Weeks after the discovery, Kane took his time to return to the pack to ensure he had his full strenght back. No sense in holding the pack back and defending someone who was on the brink of death. Kane knew that it would have been a decision that Hydra wouldn't have agreed with, but here he was. 

While Kane was still not at full capacity, he was at least able to travel back to the borders of Moonspear, his mind wandering on just how he would explain himself for essentially abanonding the pack. It wasn't out of spite, maliciousness, or selfishness, but instead of concerning himself with the members as a whole. If he were to have died, Kane would have preferred to die out in the wilderness, seeing the beauty of its creation. For whatever reason, the Gods sent him back, as if he had some other mission to complete before they would accept him at deaths door. 

Kane briefly looked into his reflection on a sheet of ice and saw that he looked utterly terrible. No matter what cleaning he attempted on his face and neck, he still looked horrible. At least he didn't smell like death anymore. Even his breath had normalized. Death and illness was an interesting creature. You could tell someone was on the brink of death based on the taste of their breath. It was an interesting, and nearly indescribable, sensation to explain. It was a matter of "you'll know it when you see it" sort of thing. 

Sitting at the borders, Kane looked toward the expanse of trees and snow covered landscape. Winter had done it's job of putting the world to sleep as the limbs lay heavy with snow. How long had it been since he had seen this landscape? Much too long. Too long to make any good excuse of it. What happened to the pack since then? Did they survive? Thrive? It remained unclear, and would remain so unless Kane called for the habitants of Moonspear, and @Hydra specifically, hoping that she would forgive him. 

So with his head directed to the sky, Kane howled for the presence of leadership, beckoning their presence, hoping for a second chance at redemption.
Pursuing MercenaryScout Masteries
"Speaking." | -"Singing & shouting."- | Thoughts.
>>Player Policies & Pawprints<<
98 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Thankfully Conquest knew nothing of what was happening within the stranger's mind. As the call rang out from the borders, she was quick to close the distance. Storming down the mountain side, carving a hell path through the snow with the least amount of grace as one with her physique could offer. As soon as the flame licked woman caught sight of the man who had sent out a call to the mountain queen, her pace stopped. Eyeing him with heavy scrutiny without breaking the silence that lingered... 

Puffs of white slithered from her maw with every breath as she steadied it after the run. This was the first time she had met anyone at the border who wasn't trespassing... she was curious. What did they want? She had never seen the art of someone joining a pack before... She waited for Hydra or someone with a position within the pack to come and judge this man for themselves. For now, she would just stand there, and wait. A shining obelisk who would only move should he be so bold to try and encroach on the land that was not his to walk upon just quite yet.
[Image: zaR4vWK.gif]
The desire to conquer is itself a sort of subjection.
New Threads: closed
34 Posts
Ooc — Aislin
Kane didn't have much to think on besides the troubled thoughts of leaving the pack behind. However, if he wasn't welcomed back, the man wouldn't cry over it. It simply told him the universe had other ideas for him. So, when a figure rushed through the snow and halted to a stop, staring him down in silence, Kane was unmoved and didn't react. "Hullo." he greeted low, dipping his head to show his position. Kane remembered exactly where the borders were and dared not cross it. The man remained ever wise. Especially since he helped to enforce the borders with fang and claw. The steam that escaped the woman's nose was quick, indicating that she must have ran all the way here. Kane could only surmise it was from the deep within the interior due to the changing terrain. 

"My name is Kane Ardelean, and I was formerly a pack member here." Kane stated, pausing for only a moment. "I seek to call this place my home again. A cougar attack months ago left me wounded, and then I fell ill. I have since recovered away from the pack as to not bring the illness home." A tail flicked lightly at his toes, covering them. This wolf was a new face, unrecognizeable from the others he knew. She smelled of Moonspears borders so it told Kane that the pack seemed to be thriving for now. "May I ask if Hydra still leads Moonspear?"

@Conquest
98 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She wasn't one for small talk. Honestly, she was comfortable to wait here in silence and simply guard him and keep watch until someone of a higher rank would come to greet him. That was not the case for the man it seemed. He was quick to start his introduction, all which were almost useless to her. A waste of his breath since he would most likely have to repeat the same shit when @Hydra or @Jarillo would come. Apparently he was a former member of Moonspear. He looked ill, or injured... she couldn't tell, she knew nothing of medicine or stuff of the kind. Perhaps his excuse was true, perhaps it had some truth behind it - but again, that was not for her to judge. 

She was merely a guard. Not judge, jury or executioner... well, the later maybe. She grinned sharply at the thought. 

She does. The young woman's voice was flat despite the harsh undertones. It had a certain sharp edge to it despite the drawl with which it came with. We wait for her to arrive. Though they waited, she never got herself comfortable. As if she was looming over him and waiting for him to do the wrong move... to just do the wrong thing and give her a reason to leap into action.
[Image: zaR4vWK.gif]
The desire to conquer is itself a sort of subjection.
New Threads: closed
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
And arrive she did, in time; Hydra still lurked the borders, hindleg healing under the direction of @Kukutux. It seemed she need not fear infection setting in at this rate, and this was a comfort. She took care to heed the medicine woman and her words, minding her own expertise. Hydra could not help even still, though, to man the borders. No scent of ursine since that fateful day; it was enough to keep Hydra moving, for now. 

A familiar song, but Hydra could not place it; moments before her arrival, she was still supposing up until the point she approached. The firebrand Conquest was there, and her heart sank that @RIP Desdemona was not as well,  nor @Keres; were they living, Hydra knew they would have been with the fiery she-wolf. As it were, Hydra needed no reminding they were not. Hydra could veritably feel the absence of them. Worse yet—

She could not think it. Dare not. 

Kane, Hydra remembered. It has been a long time. She waited for his own explanation, aware that Conquest herself could share with her if she desired to and opening the floor for her to speak her own piece, if she wished it. Hydra moved alongside Conquest, pressing her own shoulder against hers in quiet solidarity. While she was glad to see Kane again, she wondered at his long absence. What had kept him away for so long? For what reason had he gone without word? If there was one thing Hydra disapproved of, it was that... but she expected he had an explanation for that much.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
34 Posts
Ooc — Aislin
The behavior displayed by Conquest was interesting, but not unexpected to say the least. It left Kane with a slight smirk and just barely a nod of acknowledgement. With a lick of his lips and a quick eyebrow lift, the man knew he wasn't going to get very far with her so it was best to wait. Kane grunted to signify he heard her and remained sitting as he looked at his paws momentarily. At least Hydra was still here. Since his absence, the man wondered how the days had gone since he wasn't around. 

The graceful form of Hydra arrived, gracefully brushing up against Conquest. Kane smiled broadly, allowing his eyes to gaze upon the woman who accepted him home the first time. It was his hope that she would do so again. "Hello, Hydra. I have missed you. I hope you and your family are well." he said softly. Kane was silent after they greeted each other so that Hydra could inquire of him what she needed. Kane looked down briefly when he responded. "It has been a long time." The thoughts of him hiding in the makeshift den to heal was present, and reminded him of how alone he truly was. "I -- I would like to return to Moonspear as a pack member." Kane started. He paused as if to collect his thoughts and wondered how exactly he would explain to her why he left in the first place. Kane wasn't one to beat around the bush, so he simply came out with it. 

"It was not my intention to abandon the pack. Shortly after the mountain lion attack, I fell with an unknown illness. I didn't wish for it to spread to the pack, so I took my leave without a word so none would worry. The illness left me fairly weak and not able to move, but I have overcome it." Kane paused briefly. "Though I imagine that my unannounced disappearance may have caused unneccessary worry." Kane only just realized upon his return that rather than say something to the pack and seek the help that he should have gotten, he let his pride get in the way of asking for help. Something that humbled the man a bit. An action that he wouldn't repeat in the future.

"I only ever live to serve the pack, as I told you the first time, and it is my intention to keep that promise. My services are yours if you choose to welcome me home again into your pack. However, should my disappearance prove to be unacceptable, well.." Kane paused. "I accept any punishment you deem necessary." Kane's gaze switched to Conquest for a quick moment before switching back to Hydra. While it was always a possibility that Hydra could give the command for Conquest to attack, it was unlikely she would in the time that Kane knew her. Mostly, it was his past that made him think that way since he had a rather rough previous lifestyle.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to him, but was quiet herself throughout. Recent events had changed her in more way than one; and as he spoke of his own tragedy, Hydra found herself without judgment toward him. Kane, she responded swiftly, you are family. We have medics here; I only wish you had not gone without a word. In the future, I ask that you at least tell someone, she hummed. Hydra had imagined the worst—that Kane had died. This outcome was far better. 

He had fought with them to protect, and Hydra had not forgotten it. Stepping aside to grant him entry, Hydra nosed Conquest to continue along with her own patrol, gaze grateful. Hydra would come to join her soon enough. Come, Kane, she hummed, tell me how you healed, and of your time away, she encouraged with ample interest.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
34 Posts
Ooc — Aislin
The statement by Hydra was absorbed and a nod in acknowledgement given. "Never again, m'lady." Kane said, expressing his gratitude, and moved to follow Hydra into the territory. Conquest was released to continue whatever she had been doing at the time, and Kane could now continue with Hydra and return home. Kane listened as Hydra inquired about his time away and how he had healed.
"After the attack with the cougar, I had developed an infection in my shoulder. I'm not sure if it's because the cougar had some disease, or my wounds from the battle had been infected." Kane started to say. "It doesn't matter much now, honestly. What matters is that I had become ill, and weakened, and it took much time to fight off the infection." Kane looked to his left, while Hydra walked on his right, to glance at a gash hidden under his fur. While the way the fur grew in was different, the location of the injury was almost unnoticeable. Only Kane could see, and feel, that he had an injury there. "The infection was like my shoulder was burning, a dull ache seeping deep into my muscles. I often had a fever, and almost unable to eat. I had to force myself to eat carrion and forage for the herbs I knew would help me recover." Kane paused to chuckle briefly. "There were many days I wished I had died, but I knew I had to come back to Moonspear. You'd probably never forgive me, even if I died." Kane continued to walk with Hydra, allowing her to absorb his storytelling. 
"I lost a lot of weight during my time being ill, wondering if I would make it home. I did my best to keep it clean, and I suppose the gods looked at me in favor. I woke up one day with improved appetite and energy, and eventually my strength returned. I waited until I felt I had the strength to make the journey back to ensure what I had was only an infection from a wound, and not a disease the cougar carried." Kane looked at Hydra with a smile. "I may not look the same as I was before, but I can guarantee that I as an individual have not changed, except having become more humble."
Kane was quiet for a moment, allowing a chance for Hydra to talk. Kane watched his feet trudge through the snow as he walked along with her at a pace that was comfortable for them. It was like taking a stroll through the territory, making small talk and enjoying the time together. It didn't feel like Kane was here getting his rank back, but as if he never left the family. It was that feeling of acceptance and welcoming that Kane wanted to project to other new potential, and recently joined, members of the pack. Kane wanted to help be an ambassador to younger generations. Maybe with his return, it was a good time to start that.