Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Limit Two 
Sialuk spent her time divided between Moonglow and Moonspear, finding solace in the latter. It was here that she now kept her bones, hidden away in a small cave. Gently, she removed them, bringing them out into the moonlight where she could more easily see them. Sialuk had been putting off the question for some time, but she now felt it was time to but an answer to it.

She inhaled, closed her eyes, and held the question in her mind.

What goals should I seek to achieve? she asked, whispering under her breath again and again.

When the bones revealed their answer, her brow furrowed. Each bone had many meanings, but this combination, these together, they were clear. Sialuk did not intend to act on them right away. It was clear that this goal was meant to be kept close. Not even anaa was to suspect until she was ready.

The raindrop bundled the bones back together in the skin and stashed it away, safe in the cave. From there, she began the journey back to Moonglow, plenty to occupy her mind.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Their next stop was Mereo. The boys headed east, though they hadn’t gotten very far—just to the near side of The Heartwood—when Caracal busted his front left ankle spontaneously chasing a rabbit. He didn’t think it was broken, but it hurt like hell, and he couldn’t do much more than limp.

Go on to Mereo, he said to @Killdeer, waving his good forepaw. There was no reason he couldn’t continue on to their destination and visit Towhee. She wants to see you more than me anyway. I’ll be fine. I’m just gonna park here until it stops hurting like a bitch. Then I’ll probably head back to Emberwood. I’ll catch up with you there.

His ankle felt a little better the next day, though Caracal wasn’t sure he was prepared for the long, painful trek ahead of him. He found himself thinking of Kausiut and her crooked ankle. He wondered if someone in Moonglow might be able to help him, at least with the pain.

With nothing to lose, Caracal shrugged to himself and began limping back toward the spine. He didn’t expect to cross paths with none other than Sialuk. Still some distance away, he stopped and raised his right forepaw in a sheepish wave.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
A boy, young enough to be one of last spring's children, approached as she made her path toward Moonglow. The boy Caracal, who had come to Moonglow only days ago. His gait was tainted with a limp, and Sialuk's face grew concerned. She was well-learned in medicine, though she had little in the way of practicing without the help of anaa. But she was grown now, was she not? This would be her second spring, and she knew well the ways of healing her mother had taught her.

You are hurt, she said, her eyes upon his forepaw. How? When? she asked.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Yeah, he huffed in reply, slowing to a stop and favoring his aching foot. Hi, Sialuk. Gingerly, he presented the sprained paw. I was chasing a rabbit yesterday and rolled it, Caracal explained. I don’t think it’s broken but… it hurts like a bitch. You wouldn’t happen to know of anything to help with the pain, would you?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk listened as Caracal explained the events that led to his injury. The girl made a soft "hmm," then nodded. Must make sure it is not broken, she said. You can flex, like so? First, she splayed her toes wide and stretched her paw, then she bent toward her at the wrist. She waited for him to mimic her actions.

If it was only a sprain, she would go to Moonglow and gather the correct supplies from her mother's pharmacy. If this bending he could not do, she would need a different set of herbs to help the bone knit back together again.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
He winced a little when she indicated for him to try moving his paw. Caracal psyched himself up with a few breaths in and out, then repeated her movements. It really hurt, but he managed it. Letting out final whoosh, he let it fall limp again, tucking it toward his chest a bit.

What’s the prognosis, doc? he quipped despite the strained look on his face. That made him say, a touch more seriously, Are you a healer?
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Although she could see pain in his eyes, he was able to complete the task, and she gave mm-hmm with a nod when his second question reached her.

We call this sprain, she said, emphasizing the last word. Healing time will be weeks. You find place to rest here. I bring elder leaf to mend and wolf bane for pain. Help you feel better and recovery quick!

Sialuk was convinced that the bones had guided her to this path, to Caracal, to helping him back to health. They guided her slowly, nudging her course so she might go the right way.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Weeks? Damn, okay, Caracal replied, wondering what the hell to do with himself until then. He wouldn’t be able to catch up with Killdeer like planned. Well, he hoped his buddy realized something was up and came back for him sooner or later, else he might starve to death.

Unless… he opened his mouth to ask another question but Sialuk had moved off to gather supplies. He shut his mouth and waited patiently, mulling in the meantime.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
During her trek to Moonglow, she kept an eye out for prey and was lucky to happen upon an unsuspecting rabbit. It would make the perfect vessel for what she had in mind. When she arrived at the ulaq where Kukutux kept their store of dried herbs, Sialuk plucked elder leaves and wolf bane from their shelves. Carefully, she sliced the rabbit's soft underbelly with her teeth, then stuffed the herbs there. Licking her lips, she grabbed the rabbit and headed back to Caracal.

Once there, Sialuk dropped it at his feet so that he needn't put weight on his injury. I will bring meat for you daily, she said. Inside, I put herb to heal and ease pain. She paused, giving him a chance to eat.

When moon does half turn, you will run again, she said.

feel free to reference this at your leisure!
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
His eyes glazed as he stared at nothing in particular, brow furrowing slightly as he got lost in his thoughts. His expression cleared when Sialuk reappeared, eyes widening at the sight of fresh food.

Thanks! he said quickly, goggling even more when she said she would look after him. Oh, man, are you sure? I mean, I’d really appreciate it, but… It seemed like a lot to ask from a nearly perfect stranger. It was such a generous offer.

I owe you one. And I’ll repay you when I can, Caracal said by way of acceptance, dipping his head humbly and beginning to eat.

Perfect!