"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
All Welcome 
three nephews and a niece!
mireille was exultant, jubilant! she took her dancing out of the meadow, however; the girl went to the pack's rendezvous point at corsair beach and padded out into the water.
the sky was ashen. she chose to enjoy the coolness, humming to herself as she shut her eyes and floated upon the surface.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Whether or not she would use the word “successfully,” the family of five had officially relocated to the rendezvous site. Meerkat reminded herself that she should leave @Stingray, @Swordfish and @Mercy to their own devices now, at least sometimes. She surprised herself a little bit with her reluctance—she really thought she’d coached herself into accepting her children’s growing independence—but decided to show herself some grace. This was her first time, after all.

When she saw Mireille wading in the freshwater stream that wound between the sand on one side and grass on the other, Meerkat decided it was time to walk away for a little while. Having a clear destination and purpose in mind would help, so she wasn’t constantly thinking and worrying about her own trio.

Hey there, Meerkat greeted Mireille. Congratulations, auntie! Have you been by the den? Do you think Chacal would mind a visit?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
meerkat was there, with praise. mireille grinned and reached out to brush her cheek. there was no word for the sort of relative that the woman was, but it did not matter. she too had entered the tier of cousins or younger aunts.
meerkat posed a warm question and mireille looked thoughtful. "i t'ink you should ask mamanm" she answered carefully. erzulie had stayed at the den for a long while. and though it did not seem panicked at her sister's birthsite, the seagirl was aware enough to understand that there was some undercurrent of concern.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her brow furrowed a bit at Mireille’s response, not because it foiled her plans but because she wondered if there was cause for concern. She knew that Chacal had given birth but none of the details, so now it was her mission to learn as much as she could from the yearling.

I’ll do that. Is everything okay? she asked, eyes searching Mireille’s.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"i t'ink so. maman stayed — for a while, after." she shrugged her shoulders and looked around, hoping to spot one of the several kids who called this their hangout point. "maybe chacal only need space. it is her first time being maman."
there was genuine hope in her voice. she was not yet afraid. only aware. watchful. "she will take food, t'ough. i brought her de firs' meal afterward," the girl said with pride.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She didn’t realize she was holding her breath until she let it out in a quiet huff of relief. It sounded like everything was fine. Perhaps Chacal just needed some extra time and support following the birth. Meerkat remembered being overwhelmed the day she’d delivered her own litter, not to mention exhausted.

Mireille suggested taking food to her. Meerkat nodded, making a mental checklist. She would hunt, then, and then drop by. If Erzulie was there, she hoped to speak to the Obsidian. If she wasn’t, Meerkat could simply drop off the gift and leave. As much as she liked Chacal and wanted to meet the newest members of the pack, she would only visit properly when the Tanzanite was ready.

An honor befitting their future favorite aunt, Meerkat said with a wink before wondering, Do you know how many she had? Boys or girls?
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille shook her head a little. "i am sorry, meerkat. i came an' i went. chacal will call for me when she be wantin' me dere." she nosed the other's pretty cheek and performed a neat little bow. "where be de children? off runnin' wit aminthe an' quennell, i bet."
soon there would be more little voices adding to the chorus of laughter and squealing that sounded all through the seacliffs.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Mireille didn’t know. Meerkat shook her head at the apology and returned the nudge. It didn’t really matter, she supposed, as long as they were all happy and healthy.

They’re around here somewhere, she replied to the yearling’s question, sounding more casual than she felt about the situation. I hope you’re right, she added, hoping Aminthe, Quennell and her trio were becoming fast friends.

It was tempting to ask Mireille to keep an eye on her kids—which she knew the girl be happy to do—or invite her to go looking for them. But Meerkat reminded herself that this phase was about separating herself a little. They needed room to grow. And she needed the space to be her own person again.

I think I may go to the beach proper and try to hunt up something tasty for your sister, Meerkat said after a moment, wondering if Mireille would prefer to stay here and enjoy her soak or perhaps join the Sapphire.

As much as she would love her company, she caught herself sort of hoping the yearling would hang out here, so close the rendezvous site. Meerkat wouldn’t ask outright, yet the thought of someone like Mireille spending time close to Corsair Beach certainly soothed her anxious heart.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille had no idea of meerkat's internal unsurety. she took the suggestion of hunting as an instinctual clue that she should stay behind, perhaps responding to the seawolf as an adult woman higher in their hierarchy. "go an' enjoy de sea. her arms be warm today. um, i t'ink i saw a shoal of trout on de nort'ern end of de beach." she grinned and waved her tail, hoping meerkat might find her helpful.
whether or not she knew it, mireille was overcompensating for how coldly her da's wife had been treated by her siblings. and yet she was pleased enough to do it, welcoming meerkat in every interaction.
"i am gonna go an' find dem. i t'ink it be time dey learned to dig in de san' like proper pirates." she was eager to get off after the tiny pack forming inside sapphique, but did not want to be rude.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Mireille encouraged her to head to the beach, even gave her a tip about a school of trout. In the next breath, she declined the unspoken invitation and fully untied the knot in Meerkat’s chest by declaring she would go and find the pups.

Laughing with an edge of relief, Meerkat said, Sounds fun! Although Ray may beg to differ.

Perhaps a game might bring him around to the stuff, though Meerkat wouldn’t hold her breath. Grinning and dipping her head to the yearling, she woofed her farewell and spun to head out, feeling an immense sense of affectionate gratitude toward Njord’s elder daughter.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"well, ray not be a match for his older sister," mireille declared, though of course when meerkat was out of earshot.
then she was trotting after their obvious little trails, barking with sisterly command for them to come to her at once. there were things to be done.