Swiftcurrent Creek Take me to a place where I can dance until I'm dead
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,422 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Read Only 
The timeline on this is irrelevant because it's just a dream and will affect nothing (yet) <3 @Lestan if you want to reference this go ahead!! Feel free to pick a name too if you want, I am winging this entirely
Reverie slept, and in dreams she returned to the garden, but it had changed. The touch of mist against her fur was fainter, the slightest chill to the air, and the flowers... She shivered but not from the cold. The flowers were all alight, casting murky greenish glow from petals of all colors. The ferns and the trees were bent and twisted but greener than ever, so vivid the color burned against her eyes and left its afterimages floating across her vision. The undergrowth began to shiver all at once, whispering, and the trees followed suit until their leaves trembled and fell all around her — and the touch of them burned, but in the sweetest of ways.
Her heart drummed painfully in her throat. She tried to parse the whispers; drifting echoes at a dozen different volumes, overlapping, synchronizing. Firefirefire ... Reverie? ... don't look, don't look back ... closer ... Reverie ... She closed her eyes. This voice, she knew this voice. Millions of stars in colors unknown to reality, colors no one would ever see again. She would always be safe here — but Reverie knew now that the garden was only a waypoint, a door to a place of beauty and horror beyond comprehension. She remembered falling forever. She remembered dancing there at the bottom, at the end of reality where the lines all blurred. But this felt more real than anything ever had.
Reverie,
The voice called,
and she answered,
and fell forever.

She woke with a name on her lips.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you