Dawnlark Plains I got a love and I know that it's all mine
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,418 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Read Only 
Powerplay with permission!
She was alone with @Blossom, in the midst of feeding her. Despite how gentle her daughter was, Reverie winced every so often. There was no good way to work around the teeth problem; puppy teeth were sharp and unforgiving, tiny little needles that sent shocks through the sensitive skin at her belly every time they poked into her. It wasn't intolerable yet, but she knew that it would get to that point soon.
Her thoughts were interrupted by the soft sound of tiny skittering footsteps. She looked up just in time to see a small shadow flitting around her. The creature which appeared to her then was better suited to a forest than these plains: a squirrel, a skinny brown woodland critter that seemed harmless enough at first glance. But as it crept closer, Reverie began to prickle with unease. It was not just skinny. It was starving, a ragged and rawboned creature with feverish eyes. She smelled no sickness as it neared her, but all the same she feared it. Its tail, she saw with horror, was bare; nothing but a dark, coiled whip at its back, dripping with blood.
"Small gods," It gurgled at her when it was nearly close enough to touch, and laughed.
Reverie did not think twice. She lunged with a quick snap of her teeth, crushing the entire front half of it in one motion. Within moments it was gone, the only evidence of its presence in the blood it left behind.
Then she brought it back up, and fed it slowly to her daughter, who was questioning at first. But Blossom soon took to the new cuisine, although she was little more than indifferent to it. Reverie smiled to see her pass this milestone nonetheless. She spoke nothing of it to Lestan, but later she would show him this new development.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you