Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Fairy blue, it is only for you that I would crush the stars
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,447 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Finally, he spoke to her.
It was too late. And besides, this song was one she'd never wanted to hear from him. He felt that he needed to protect her still; a familiar refrain. The one that had driven her from Tybault in the end. Reverie was tired of explaining herself to men who thought her incapable — but for Lestan, she would try.
If this is going to work, Reverie said as  gently as she could. I need you to see me as an equal. Not someone to protect. I appreciate what you did for me, that night with Tybault, but - Lestan, I was leaving to protect you. Because I know I can take care of myself.
If you hadn't asked me to stay, I was going to leave the Valley, She explained. I was going to see the world, go somewhere Tybault wouldn't be able to find me. But - I chose you instead. And that wasn't easy. I haven't committed to anyone - anything - since Rose died. Not really.
I want you. I want a future with you. A family, even, Reverie felt a little breathless, because she didn't know if that was what she wanted anymore. It was just easier to cling to the last feeling she'd had any certainty about than to face the fact that she did not know. But I only want that if it's going to be - healthy and good for both of us.
And if it couldn't be, then Reverie would leave. She almost told him as much, but decided that it was implied well enough. Misery was not an option. She wouldn't let it be one.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] Fairy blue, it is only for you that I would crush the stars - by Reverie - March 18, 2023, 04:38 PM