Duck Lake I want to see you smile but know that means I'll have to leave
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,494 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Wondering if there's a way I could snag a @Bjarna but if not just shoot me a PM and I'll set to all welcome <3
Today Reverie broke another promise. Only to herself this time, but the guilt tore at her even as she passed the Creek's border. But... really, what did it matter, anyway? She couldn't make Lestan happy. That much was clear. Weeks had passed without improvement. If anything, it felt worse now, and Reverie could not help but wonder if she was cursed.
Nothing else made sense to her. Daily she tried, for him, to stifle the overwhelming sadness that had haunted her for so long it felt like a part of her now. It was a constant battle. And it was not enough. Maybe Arric had been right;
Maybe Lestan did not really love her for her. But if that was the case, why stay at all? Reverie came to the lake where they had first been intimate with one another, and warm tears stung her eyes at the sight of it. The memory was not a happy one. She still remembered her tears, and Lestan's ignorance to them. I would have noticed, she thought bitterly, if he was crying. I would have tried to comfort him. But her comfort was worth nothing to him... so what did it matter?
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you