Swiftcurrent Creek Let me go, I wanna die in the disco
177 Posts
Ooc —
Moss’s throat clenched when Reverie mentioned fire. Ground-eating, tree-felling flames were terrifying to anyone close enough to feel the heat of the fire. Reverie, it seemed, had been far too close- and while her sister had saved her life, it had been through sacrifice. 

She knew that guilt. 

”I think she would want you to commit to yourself. Forgive yourself, and love each day in such a way that honours her sacrifice. Your life was worth hers; so, you’re worthy of taking care of it.” She said. ”It’s…What Ruby wanted for me.” 

After all, Ruby had lunged and taken the killing blow when Moss had frozen at the sight of her beloved, bleary-eyed and feral, driven mad by her maternal instinct. 

”Love exists without pain. It might just take some time to find it.”
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,442 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Was her life really worth Rose's? No... no, not at all. Rose would have known what to do with all of this; she would have been able to make someone happy, if that was what she chose to do. She would have been able to build a life in a pack. Rose had always done everything she decided to do, whether it was easy or not. Honestly, Reverie couldn't remember ever seeing her fail anything.
For all her perfection, Rose was nothing but bones in the ground now, dead long before her time. How could Reverie hope to meet a different fate?
But she wanted to believe what Moss was saying. There was an optimism to the words that she would not have expected, and Reverie's first instinct was to try to nurture this small brightness. That's what I'm trying to believe, She murmured. That's why I'm here. Here, and not at Kvarsheim, or out in the world somewhere lost in the snow.
I think - it'll be okay. In time, And she meant these words for both of them, because it felt like they both needed it.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
177 Posts
Ooc —
Moss didn’t expect Reverie to believe it all, not right away. But at least she was willing to give herself time, which was the least she could do for herself. Moss found herself becoming fiercely protective of the gilded woman. More so than she felt for any other packmates. She would do what she could to help her, both because she deserved it and because it was what Ruby would have wanted. 

”I’m glad you’re here,” She said softly. A complement not often offered.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,442 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Fading since we have a new one <3
Reverie felt a familiar fluttering in her chest as Moss spoke. Dread, a pace car on the warming of her heart; she knew she could not nurture this feeling. Not while she still loved Lestan, and she always would.
But... I'm glad you're here too, She meant that, more than she ought to. Reverie smiled and shifted to settle a little closer. She would enjoy Moss's company in silence for as long as the other woman wished it, adding soft comments every now and then; nothing meant to inspire a response, just idle words to fill the space when it seemed appropriate. When they parted ways, she found herself disappointed, but quickly soothed herself with the notion of finding Lestan.
But she couldn't shake the budding wish that he understood her as much as Moss seemed to.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you