Rising Sun Valley Break my heart but don't tell me I'm not doin' fine
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,418 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Read Only 
April 2! Tags for reference; Jess I know we already have a couple threads which is why I went this route for now <3 I figure we can follow up from here when we're ready, I just want to establish Rev going home same-day.
Hours passed before Reverie found the strength to begin the journey home. She had tended to herself, in the end. It had been a delicate and slow-going process, moving away from @Blossom in short spurts to gather herbs only to be drawn back by her daughter's need for warmth. Bitterly Reverie thought that it would have been easier with a partner. But the one she chose had left her.
And honestly, she didn't want @Moss here, or @Arric or @Akavir or anyone else. @Lestan had seen the worst of her and he had run from it. Reverie would never give anyone that opportunity again.
So she worked with a quiet determination, and when she finished she lifted Blossom's bloodstained form and started for Swiftcurrent Creek. They must have been quite a sight; both blood-smeared, Reverie looking wan and tired and empty-eyed, Blossom looking almost comically peaceful. But they were alive, and together, and that was all she could bring herself to care about.
The woman who departed the Sunbeam Lair was not the girl who had entered. Reverie felt as if she had aged by years in a matter of hours. She felt as if the universe itself had reached with bony fingers right through her chest and between ribs to grasp her fragile heart, to crush and burn it into something hard and silvered. Something that would never break. Something that would never soften. Or maybe she was always meant to be this way, and it was only that she had to settle into it. Maybe everything before this had only been growing pains.
Reverie remembered, after all.
I do not bow to small gods.
I am the sun,
and you will burn with me.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you