listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
backdated to mar 25th, before fennec & killdeer leave <3

the day bloomed lucid and warm.
heda, who kissed @Caracal and told him of her plans to seek out his best friend, rose with it in the same elegant gilding.
it was by mid-morning that she discovered a kernel of stomach-sickness. heda retched but managed to keep down her briny breakfast.
small pacings took her to @Killdeer, and she called out a warm welcome when she had found him.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He answered her call, and looked her over as she approached. A pale woman, reddish-color down her spine the only hue upon her pelt. 

That was a fanciful way to describe her. Plainly put, she was sexy.

Cal is lucky, he remarked, smiling. You're gorgeous, if you don't mind me saying that.

His smile remained, but it was a goofy expression; she had nothing to fear from him. He was Caracal's brother in all but blood and would support his brother to the ends of the earth.

That made Heda his sister.

It was a good choice.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
heda privately thought killdeer was very handsome himself, though never once would she have said such a thing. 
the forwardness of her brother-in-law? brother? sent her cheeks to tea-rose pink and her lashes across the golden eyes. "i am made in god's image," heda mumbled.
when had she become so shy?
recovering herself, the sweetharbor wolf cleared her throat and invited killdeer to her side. "have you been to the tidepools yet?" she asked, switching their subject even as she stole another glance at him.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He instantly felt a little bad at her embarrassment, or something akin to it, and cleared his throat awkwardly. Sorry, Killdeer replied. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. But you are pretty.

He seized upon the change of subject with alacrity.

Not yet! he said, letting a smile cross his muzzle once more. What's special about them?

Having spent his life as a landlubber, Killer wasn't aware of the bounty that could be found within tidepools. He was envisioning something glittering in the sun, fed by the rolling waves. He was interested, whatever they were.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
"they feed the island," heda grinned, gesturing for killdeer to come along with her. "when the water is close to the island, the tide is in," she explained. "when it lowers, it leaves behind water in these little pools, and in the water, ah, well i'll just show you!"
some time later, they came to the wide-open expanse of beach, tide out and water ankle-deep in each pool, glistening with starfish and tiny organisms and crabs of all hue.