Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Meerkat knew there was another new mother on the mount and she wanted to pay her a visit. Gathering a dead hare @Njord had brought home, she ventured away from the ulaq for the first time since giving birth. Meerkat made a point to stop where her son was buried, though she didn’t linger there long. She moved on, seeking the den @Nasamik presumably shared with @Chakliux and @Raiyuk.

Since the two women had not formally met, Meerkat did not go right up to the door. Instead, she hovered nearby, setting the rabbit’s carcass on the ground. She then offered a polite woof to announce her presence. If she was well-received, she would visit. If not, she would simply leave the food here and return to her own ulaq.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
taking some liberties! lmk if not okay <3

the days were filled with his son and his hunting.
he and @Kannoyak had taken @Quennell into the surrounding forest, teaching him the nearest game-trails. he had brought a smooth piece of wood, spotted on the ground, for his son. it was red, ridged on one side, hard, and too large to swallow.
it would feel good on the small teeth, he felt.
the three returned to the lodge, and chakliux set aside the toy as he spotted meerkat. "you bring joy to our home with your visit, katangutik," the seal hunter greeted with the respect of familiarity.
the others perhaps entered the lodge. chakliux paused with a smile. "you have come to see nasamik then?"
Moontide
Adolescent
191 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
can be a cameo!

Upon seeing the hunk of redwood that his father brought, the boy was all smiles and his tail a blur behind him. He paid no attention to the new woman he spoke to, or what he was saying, or even his own presence (as he was known to tumble in to his father's legs or chomp at his mother, by now); when the toy was placed within his reach he grabbed for it and splooted in the dirt like a starfish on his belly, eagerly finding a place to gnaw while he positioned the toy with his little forepaws.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Chakliux and Raiyuk had already made it towards the entrance, whereas it had taken Nasamik a bit longer.

A visitor had come to their lodge. It was only curiosity that got the newly mother up from her bed.

Hello, She greeted the woman warmly when she reached them, noting the familiarity in Meerkat's face. Please, come in. Nasamik offered kindly, taking it upon herself to assume her husband had waited for her before doing so himself.
pregnancy (9/9)
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Before anyone within the den could react to her presence, someone materialized from without it. Meerkat turned and smiled as she saw Chakliux approaching, a piece of bark clasped in his jaws. He set it down near the entrance to the ulaq to address her. It took all of her willpower to concentrate on him rather than the pup who appeared to pounce on the new chew toy.

Yes, she replied, and this little one. Is this Raiyuk? she asked, turning a grin upon the teething pup.

A woman appeared behind her son, who was too preoccupied to pay much attention to the visitor. Meerkat knew better than to take it personally. She kept smiling and nodded at Nasamik, plucking up the rabbit and stepping past the little boy to enter the other woman’s ulaq. She put her own gift near the Theta’s feet.

It’s nice to finally meet you! I’m Meerkat, as you probably guessed. Thank you for the warm welcome. How are you all doing? she asked as she seated herself.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux grinned. "i have no complaining. my lodge grows. we are happy."
"this is raiyuk," the seal hunter confirmed, though now he shifted his attention toward nasamik, waiting for his wife to speak to the woman of njord. he did not want to hold all of the conversation.
Moontide
Adolescent
191 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The stranger entered the lodge and Raiyuk paused in his play to watch them, but was soon too taken-up by the game of gnawing, and the ease that the chewing gave his new teeth, to pay much mind to either of them. His mother spoke and seemed more interested in the stranger anyway, and that was alright.

When the golden-furred stranger looked to him and spoke his name, he eyed her brightly, and when she smiled he grinned around the sopping wet hunk of hide that was wedged in his mouth. His tail gave the earth a little thump-thump-thump.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Chakliux said he had no complaints, which set the tone for the rest of the conversation. It was pleasant chatting with fellow parents, particularly another mother. Meerkat wondered what it was like raising an only child (and, of course, commiserated with the losses if they were shared). As far as she could tell, Raiyuk seemed not only good-natured but very well-behaved: a credit to his taataa and anaa.

It was lovely to meet you, Nasamik and Raiyuk, Meerkat said when it came time to get back to her own family. And it was good to see you again, of course, she added to Chakliux, dipping her head before taking her leave.

Wrapping since it’s a bit older and a couple parties went inactive.