Stavanger Bay Don't be afraid if there's no wind in my hair
Hushed Willows
1,526 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She shifted closer when he raised his paw, wanting to press against his side if he'd let her. Reverie tried not to think too much about it, but her heart was in her throat to be so close. It's Lestan, She said mournfully, her tight grip on her thoughts finally falling away. Even if Slavuj couldn't understand, at least he wanted to listen.
He's unwell, and it's my fault, and I can't even - talk to him! Frustrated with her own words, she reached for the common tongue, and choked a little on the effort, as if something was stuck in her throat. Reverie sighed. It was so much more than Lestan, really; it was... everything, her life, the world and the way it regarded her. But Lestan was what made all the rest of it tolerable, what she had told herself she would live for; it would always be, on some level, about him.
Reverie watched the crawling creature reach the water's edge, watched the coming wave swallow it. She wondered what that felt like.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't be afraid if there's no wind in my hair - by Reverie - June 10, 2023, 06:01 PM