Stone Circle Fallen like hundred year old trees missed your body
Hushed Willows
1,526 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He promised, and Reverie felt some of the tension fall away from her. She let out a slow breath, pressing her paw to his when he reached for her, and closed her eyes for a moment. When she opened them again, they were a little colder; Lestan is - he was - And her throat hurt, My husband. He's gone now. I don't know where he is, or if he's looking for me, or - or if I'll ever see him again.
We met here. In the Valley. He was part of Swiftcurrent Creek, and I was with Kvarsheim, She looked away from Boone, unable to meet his eyes through the retelling of it. We - we rushed into things, and then - then I found out I was pregnant. With Blossom. Reverie paused here, fighting tears again, fighting the horrible tightness of her throat. It was... it was hard. The pregnancy. I was sick, and I - I wasn't well mentally, either. I wasn't sleeping or eating properly. He was miserable. And one day - one day I started bleeding, and he - he left me.
Alone with a future she'd never wanted to face by herself; even the memory of it burned her still. He was gone for weeks, and I - I snapped. I tried to - to end the pregnancy, or maybe myself, I don't know, She realized belatedly that she had lost her fight against her tears, that she was crying now and couldn't seem to stop. It didn't work. I had Blossom, and - eventually, he came back. But it wasn't the same. I - I just kept getting sicker, and we had to leave Swiftcurrent Creek because - because I made everyone hate me there, and because of the witch.
So we went to the sea. Saltshore. But nothing got better, Finally she found it in herself to look at Boone now. I was still sick, and Lestan - he - he gave up everything for me, and it only made him miserable. He wanted to leave again, and we argued, and - that was almost the end of our marriage. Sometimes I think it was the end, and neither of us wanted to admit it. But then... then all of those strange things happened to us, the lights and the odd creatures, and we tried to make it work in that place, but I... I wasn't happy.
Then Blossom and I woke up without him, on the beach, Reverie finished miserably. And then - I met you.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Fallen like hundred year old trees missed your body - by Reverie - September 02, 2023, 08:49 PM