Ouroboros Spine pegasus
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Limit Two 
AW but maybe some of the kids? @Arrluk @Ajei @Massaraq @Kassuq

Visiting @Frolic had filled Seal’s proverbial cup and rejuvenated her emotional battery that had once been drained. Now, she felt ready to help the mourning packs, as her family did.

Seal suggested they should bring Moonglow some food (a la neighbor casserole). In the morning, she helped her father gather fish he had hunted from the mountain’s waters. They walked side by side until they reached Moonglow’s borders.

Then, at her father's suggestion, she howled and hoped that she would see a familiar face.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei moved from her spot in the river at the first call of her friend. She'd been attempting to fish again, but it hadn't been long.

She returned a call and ran towards the borders. She wanted Seal, her friendmine to know she'd heard her. After all she didn't want her thinking she wasn't coming or hadn't heard.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
cameo!

Sorrow swam deeply through the lifeblood of Samani's parents. @Kukutux sang the death songs. Others joined her. She wept over her daughter's grave. Aiolos remained in Moonglow after that first night, with the last visions of his daughter being one's filled with life and spirit. 

He remained in his den until night, where he would only come out to pray to Goddess Moon. When the call sounded the border, Aiolos did not come.
moonglow daddy
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
At first, Seal didn’t think anyone would respond. She looked to her Da, who encouraged her to be patient. Then, after a few long moments, she heard Ajei’s call in the distance.

Seal’s ears perked up and her tail wagged as she waited patiently at the borders.

When Ajei was in sight, Seal waved a paw in the air.

“Ajei!” she called to her friend, a bit too enthusiastic for the sad mood in the air. “We brought food!”
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei smiled pleased to se her friend. She leapt forward on graceful paws to hug her tightly sround the neck a soft whisper. 

Hello friendmine.

Then she backed up to look at the food and smiled. Oh moonwoman will be ppeased. This wolf thanks you.

Ajei smiled again. Did you catch them? I love to fish.
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
When Ajei hugged Seal she squeezed her precious friend for an extra long moment. Then, she checked her volume, which had been loud and indecorous given the mood.

“My friendmine, Seal echoed with a smile. Their own secret code.

Then, a small glimmer of pride to know that Kukutux and the rest of Moonglow would be pleased.

“O, that makes me so happy. I helped my Da catch ‘em,” she looked over to Njord who mingled on the sidelines, simply a chaperone.

“He’s a braw fisherman. Did you ken my family used to live by the sea?” she asked Ajei. "But I'm nae verra good at it... maybe you can teach me?"

Then, she paused and realized she was getting off-topic. “Ajei, I’m so sorry about your sister,” Seal said sincerely as she held Ajei’s paws in her own.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The extra squeeze didn't go amiss. She enjoyed it. And sunk into it for a moment. A small glow in her face. And a soft wetness in her eyes.

Ajei nodded. Its fun. Mama taught me and so did sunman. I fish with the boys.

Ajei blinked and shook her head.I went there to visit Rodyn my adopted brother, before.

Her voice tapered off for a moment.  And she shook her head. But i enjoyed it. I found out about crabs. Though i don't know if the lady caught them right.

She frowned at the thought the lady had been so violent with her killing if the crabs.

I'd love to teqch you. Its fun, feeds your family and is nice and cool in the summer.

Ajei made a soft sound. Samani wasn't her sister exactly. She was her adopted brothers wife, but they were family in a way. Thank you all of Moonglow grieves.
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal did not realize Samani was not Ajei’s blood relative. To Seal, and the way she had been raised, it seemed every wolf of the moon villages was sister, brother, father, mother, aunt, or uncle. In Seal’s mind, these categories were organized by age, and because Massaraq and Ajei were born around the same time Seal assumed they were related.

Ajei accepted Seal’s sympathies, but the girl was a little relieved they did not linger upon sadness very long. She had experienced more than her share of tragedy and Seal found it could be emotionally draining despite her desire to comfort her friendmine.

“Oh, I ken a crab! My Da brought me one once,” she added her anecdote.

“You an’ I should go on a trip there someday. To the ocean. Maybe Frolic would want to come too,” she smiled as she imagined their girl gang playing on the shore.

But for now, her attention turned back to fishing. “Could you… could you show me?” she asked tentatively, not wanting to derail Ajei’s day. “Do boys hunt differently?” she added.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei did not know how to gently correct her friend. Therecwas generally nothing wring with being thought of as moon womans daughter, but her mama was shikoba and there was no better mother for her.

Ajei could certainly attest to thecdraining energy of grief. She wasn't even that close to Samani. But her adopted brother yes. She grieved with him and with the boys.

Seal had given her perfect means to speak of her family and not call her out. Oh you will like it so much. My pop Inutsuk he took me there. Mama Shikoba could not come she had to stay, but she promised to take me next time.

Ears to skull. She ended up there for my heart brother Rodyn when, when the tragedy happened.

i would love to show you Then she laughed. they aren't to different they just tend to be a bit messier and harder i guess? And usually it turns into a splash battle.
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Aeji artfully pointed out Seal’s blunder without saying anything directly.

Oh, Kukutux isn’t her mom, Seal realized. For some reason, she had always assumed that all the Moonglow kids were siblings. She supposed that made sense Ajei wasn’t related since she didn’t look anything like Massaraq or his brothers.

With that new information tucked away, Seal turned her attention back to fishing.

She laughed when Ajei spoke of the differences between girls and boys! She wondered what it was like to have a brother… perhaps someday she would learn through Acrux.

“What kind of fish swim the rivers of Moonglow?” Seal asked Ajei next.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei had not wanted to upset her friend. And it seemed she had done well thank goodness.

Her mama was not as well known outside the pack, but inside she was loved and cherished. As she should be in Ajei's opinion.

Ajei giggled too. The brothers she loved tbem so very much and they made her days happier.

Salmon and trout, and bass, and wittle bitty crayfishs that look like dirt....kinda taste like it too.
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Dirt?! Seal exclaimed. “Yuck!” She laughed.

Then, she heard Njord’s call. It was time to go.

“Och, my Da wants tae leave…” mild disappointment painted a frown on her face.

“But, I’ll be back soon! Promise!” She promised her friendmine. “Then we can fish together, eh?”

She gave her friend one last hug. “Bye Ajei!” Then, she turned and departed with her Da.