Hushed Willows Show me the places where the others gave you scars.
Hushed Willows
1,526 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tags for reference!
Slowly, slowly, Reverie had seen improvement. She had never been one to simply lie around and wait for these kinds of things. In the mornings she worked at decorating the den she shared with @Boone; gathering flowers and ferns to adorn the place where they slept, clearing out the remnants of past inhabitants, even digging a small cache for the pair of them. These were tasks she might have finished in a day had she been healthy, or if she would let her husband help her — but Reverie was determined to do it now, on her own, to prove to herself that she was not broken. That the world would never break her, no matter how cruel it became.

In the evenings she walked the territory, sometimes with @Blossom, sometimes with Boone, or both of them if they had nothing else to occupy them. But on this day she was alone. It occurred to her, after a time, that she ought to mark their borders as she'd seen her husband doing. Truthfully Reverie didn't know the first thing about establishing a territory. But it was not in her nature to leave every burden on the shoulders of another, not willingly, and so she drifted through the trees marking here and there in idle thought.

There was still pain; so much pain that sometimes she could hardly think, but that had never stopped her before. Not when she'd been pregnant, not even when she'd been sick, bleeding, on the brink of starvation. Still she winced every so often, and there was no convincing herself to bear any sort of weight with her injured hind leg. So it was with a heavy limp that she crossed the territory they'd claimed, eventually stumbling across a familiar scent trail. She remembered this wolf. Wayfarer.

Excitement set her tail to swaying, and she howled a greeting to the woman before starting her pursuit. It didn't take long to find her. Wayfarer! She called out when she spotted the pretty auburn wolf, eyes alight. Oh, I didn't think I'd find you here! This is - well, Reverie moved closer before continuing. This is the place we decided to claim. My husband and I. It's beautiful, isn't it?
Messages In This Thread
RE: Show me the places where the others gave you scars. - by Reverie - October 19, 2023, 01:31 PM