Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Pack Activity 
Masque licked their lips as they ranged along the edge of the moraine, golden eyes trained on the doe stumbling across the ragged terrain. They only glanced away a moment to catch @Watcher’s eye, then retrained their focus upon the ungulate. One of her forelegs was broken and it was only a matter of time before she fell…

When that moment came, the pair rushed in and swiftly put an end to the whitetail’s suffering. Masquerade unlatched their teeth from the deer’s rump and licked the blood from their teeth. They chuffed at their sister standing at the head of the kill. The doe had essentially been served up on a silver platter, yet Masque was still proud of her.

Tingling with adrenaline, the Caru raised their blood red muzzle and called for @Avicus, @Mountain Boulder, @Riley, @Redd, @New Snow, Ashlar, @Tulimaq, @Redsky, @Mulherin, @Carrion, @Saturdays Sunrise and @Moon Runner to come feed on the spoils.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
647 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
mountain boulder had been considering a replacement for himself.

now that moon runner had returned, his decision could be delayed. flame stalker was proving to be an apt guardian. perhaps the explorative daughter would see her destiny in hunting.

neither of his daughters would bend beneath the weight of ulfhedinn.

thorn caller's cry was victorious. the huntlead approached at a ground-eating clip, slowing only to take the scene; the bloodied deer, the confident caru, and their sister near at hand.

he rumbled to her.

antler vein.

as per his usual mien, mountian boulder did not eat first, but sat back near thorn caller. the young would fill their bellies before he. his yellow eyes were filled with pride at the strength of his pack.
330 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He came when called. There was the red-faced girl, Masque, who had been hunting; he smelled the blood in the air and saw her hunting partner ranging closeby (Watcher). As the man drew closer he took notice of the Ulfhedinn and came close, but walked without obstructing him, to settle nearby.

Tulimaq watched now to see who would eat and in what order, and to learn of the connections within the pack; he studied all of this silently until it was his turn to eat—which he suspected would be far down the line, as he was not high in the chain of command.
Redtail Rise
Wealda*
290 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Redd arrived on the scene shortly after, ghosting her way around those less familiar and greeting Masque with affection.  She’d filled out some in the last month, regaining much of her strength across the various hunts she’d participated in.  This one she had missed but it had been well completed regardless; she cast an approving look towards Watcher, unvoiced praise evident.

Masquerade was thoughtful of the younger ones.  It hadn’t occurred to Redd that she might teach as well, but the thought was now planted.

Unless she was prevented, she would approach and be one of the first to eat. There was little point to standing on ceremony; with enough to go around, all would at least be sated.
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Redsky came at the call and saw the dead deer. He gave it a sniff and then looked at his sibling, and then at the others, waiting to see who could eat first.
Redtail Rise
Trēow
130 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Moon Runner answered Blood Spot’s call, famished from her time in the wilds.

And when she arrived, the young hunter learned that things had changed within her beloved pack.

Two new faces were present. At least, new to Moon Runner. An older man and woman about Blood Spot’s age. The pale girl’s ears cupped forward, curious… but she wondered. Where was Wolverine? Where was Buffalo Hunter?

She licked her chops as New Woman began to eat. An ear twisted toward the others who hung back.

There is an order we don’t know, the spirit sensed.

More hungry than cautious, Moon Runner took a place at the proverbial table opposite New Woman. It would be better to be as far as possible, in case she lashed out. Quickly, Moon Runner began to gnaw and devour meat, though her amber eyes glanced around at the other wolves.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
First came the Ulfhedinn, his rumble of approval prompting Masquerade to beam over at Watcher. Well done, their gaze said before it swept to behold the arrivals of others: Tulimaq, Redd, Redsky and Moon Runner.

When several of them did not bother to hold back, the Caru exchanged another glance with Watcher before approaching the doe’s hindquarters. They postured for a moment, though there was enough meat here that Masque did not feel compelled to pull rank.

They lowered their muzzle and began to tear into the dead deer's haunch. Masquerade could feel the others pulling at the kill and growled under their breath when a particularly violent tug tore meat right out of their mouth. But the moment quickly passed and the feast resumed in relative harmony, for now.

Please consider the post order open. :)
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
647 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
they descended.

mountain boulder circled around the kill, enforcing peace with soft growls. his muzzle became slowly bloodied, and at length he tore away a great chunk to eat nearby, knowing his great bulk took up multiple spaces at their dinner-table.

good hunting. well done. his belly was soon filled with the bloodied warmth of success.
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
The dinner-bell rang and the boy was swift to respond. Unfortunately for him, he was far from the first to arrive.

When he did arrive, he finds a gathering of bodies already surrounding the kill. His pace slows as he eyes the mess of them, searching for a spot to squeeze in. Fortunately, he finds one without causing a fuss.

He bellows his thanks to the hunters, then begins tearing away at the carcass.
[Image: 3-F65-E08-A-A70-E-4-B2-A-BE3-E-C6805-BA727-B2.png]
Redtail Rise
Trēow
130 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Sweet delicious meat! the spirit cheered.

Moon Runner’s voracious appetite quickly inhaled huge chunks of meat, sinew, fat, and bone. She did not wish to quarrel over food (there was plenty to go around, after all) but she would defend her piece with a low growl if someone tried to swipe it from her!

She ate until her tuck-up sagged with a full belly and her pale fur became red and pink. Eventually, her mouthfuls became fewer and fewer until she happily gnawed on a piece of bone, working to crack it to access its marrow.
330 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Once some had begun to eat, Tulimaq could relax by degrees. He wanted to know who had the most power here and that must have been Masque; after that, he studied who obeyed her cues and who tested limits. Some arrived solo and others paired-off, and one by one Tulimaq counted the number of the Rise and studied bodies.

When he was given leave to eat, he went at the carcass without a word.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
By the time Masquerade ate their fill, a few more faces had appeared at the supper table. They licked their chops as they did a brief head count. They were surprised to see Avicus hadn’t joined them. They glanced back at the rise, expecting to see her striding this way, prepared to claim dominion over the carcass. There was no one there.

The Caru decided to grab a chunk of meat and take it back to her. Perhaps the Wealda was asleep or simply preoccupied. Masque rumbled a note as if to joke, Leave some for her! Of course, there was still plenty. With a flick of their long tail, they sank their teeth into the chosen morsel and galloped back home.

Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
647 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
in time, he kissed the faces of those gathered and then departed, surprised as well that red woman had not come.

he turned his steps in such a direction, slipping easily into a patrol as he was gone from sight.
Redtail Rise
Trēow
130 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Belly full, Moon Runner backed away from the crowd. Hunger satiated, she looked for a soft place to land and rest her tired paws. The journey across Teekon had been long… but to be home was to be at peace and the young wolf felt secure and contented.