Swiftcurrent Creek fly my pretties, fly
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
1,097 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Private 
As discussed in discord channel and pms! Feel free to get your threads all started and so sorry for the hold up. <3 <3 <3

The sun had scarcely risen in the sky—pastel in the autumn chill, already the vapor of his breath revealed that not only would they be greeted by frost in the morning, but soon, maybe even some snow.

His jaw clenched at the thought—not because he disliked or feared the winter, but because there was much to do still, and so, the swarthy Mayfair rose, muzzle tipping back as he summoned a handful of creek wolves to him—

—it was time to begin some delegation. He called for @Mae, @Lestan, @Pukei, @Yukimi, @Cygnet and @Panacea.

Their arrival was impressive for the hours he called—and he offered only a crooked grin before offering an explanation at waking them up at the absolute crack of stupid.

“I need you all to pair off and run word to nearby packs. As you might know by now, Lilitu died of a serious and contagious illness. I’ve heard it called ‘white spit.’” He didn’t know if it was the proper name—he didn’t particularly care. “The valley alliance crumbled over a year ago… but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t give a heads up to our neighbours.”

A pause, and then he would give a quick run down of what was known of the disease—the way it led to death. The way it slowly chewed away at a wolf’s mind. Headaches. Thirst. Finally, he gave a nod to the gathered group.

“Mae and Lestan, I need you both to go to Qeya River. It’s where Riverclan relocated to. I doubt our presence will be overly welcome, but ensure the message is delivered to someone who will listen…” A twitch in his jaw—the thought of—

He cleared his throat. “Pukei, Yukimi… I need you both to go to Bearclaw Valley. They’re a bit gruff, but I think they’ll be grateful for the heads up.” And then: “Cygnet, you and Panacea will go to Kvarsheim. I don’t know what to expect from them, given our history. But they’ve done a lot for us in the past—they have a right to know.”

A wane smile offered—this was a lot of wolves to be sending out at one given time. But he wanted a one and done. “Try to be quick. We already know a pack is forming in the mountains that has no qualms about raiding others. Something maybe also worth mentioning—but we need you all back here as quickly as possible. Travel safely. Take no chances.”