Moonspear he tests his might against what his eyes can't see
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Totally fine!!! I know the holidays are a busy time of year <3

Moving at the pace he set, and adjusting it each time he did, Hydra idly sniffed and took stock of things as they went. Only when he spoke to her did she regard her young son in full, gaze settling upon him. She did not expect him to know all, but she wanted him to come to learn it. Her teachings would help. Tracking can take days, she informed him, ears twitching. It must not be rushed. Trails can shift, branch off and become broken—nature can make it disappear entirely, she drawled, having witnessed the elements do so for herself. What we came upon was the scent of hare. Their movements in particular can be erratic, to say the least; easy to lose. But it was no waste to work on the skill so he could learn how to use his nose, and learn that not every scent would yield immediate results. It was rare that it did. 

Hydra moved to meet him, moving up to stand alongside him on his stone perch. One day the two of them would not fit here, together, but here and now she was able to stand alongside him. Sometimes hints were given; often they could be easy to miss. A feather blended well in the crevice of the stone above him, laying flat and flush against it; Hydra sniffed at it. Hawk, it appeared. Indeed, nature took care of this creature. The aroma had died here no doubt for this, and she looked to him to see if he took note of this too.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: he tests his might against what his eyes can't see - by Hydra - December 26, 2019, 12:21 PM