Moonspear i'd rather be on my own, yes
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Yes, a big one. A woman who shared similar ideals with her, it was no surprise to her to hear it be so. The other spoke on, and Hydra listened quietly until she had finished, thinking for a moment. I feel I can speak freely with you, Ying, and so I will, she began with, open and candid. I have behaved as protector of others before. Those same wolves I protected watched my sister die as a cub, and saw the man who did it flee—and believed him innocent. I wanted to kill this man, but I never did—for their wrong belief. I stood beside other when I should have killed him when I had him in my reach, she rumbled darkly. 

And so now, I do not hesitate to do what I must do to protect my own. I will kill for them, without question. Without thought. And I have yet to regret doing so, Hydra revealed, still sitting neatly upon her haunches as she looked to Ying, looking for any indication of her thoughts upon her features. Hydra continued, lest the other think Hydra meant to refer to Ying as other. That was not how she meant this, not at all. 

So she went on: I seek to create in this Wilderness a place where my family is safe. Fed. Able to fight, and at the very least able to defend. I have wanted to build something, and build I will, she explained, but the coast—it is some ways away. I would need my fighters here when the children are young and defenseless; each set of teeth is essential in hunts then, and in fights... Hydra looked thoughtful for a moment as she regarded Ying. 

For she liked her vision, and as the others (mis)fortune would have it, Hydra was coming to enjoy her company. 

The matriarch did not suspect Ying, nor her seafaring sisters, would ever quit the Coast—but Hydra thought that perhaps Ying and her family had already settled nearer to the mountains. If they had not, would they? Hydra imagined Ying would tell her if they were close enough for this to be feasible, and for Hydra to have no reason to fret over proximity when it came to her cubs livelihood. With a rueful grin, Hydra drawled: if I could recruit you nearer to be a part of my vision, this growth, I would, she openly informed. If no one else would protect Ying, at least she could have counted herself safe among them.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Ying - February 21, 2020, 08:09 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 08:35 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Ying - February 21, 2020, 08:43 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 08:55 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Ying - February 21, 2020, 09:06 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 09:28 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Ying - February 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 10:20 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Ying - February 21, 2020, 10:40 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 11:24 PM