Ghost Lion Crag In the hall of the mountain king.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra wished Wraen had heeded her, but she had not. To Hydra, the welfare of her pack was more important than what hinted at uncertain death. If she had gone missing on the Coast, Hydra could not help but wonder if Sugar would was swallowed herself by the surging waters, swept into the tide by the wind or dragged into it by a rogue wave. The matriarch could only hope that when Sugar was found, she was found alive and well. 

The descriptors would be remembered. Blackthorn rang a bell, though then and there Hydra did not think much of it as Sugar had, absolutely, not. Six months old; her own cubs were nearing such an age by now, and Hydra's heart lurched to think they ranged so far with a child so young. Her cubs could travel further than they could months ago, but that was within the Moonspear range. They were just now beginning to understand the importance of the hunt, and all the things that went with it. Difficult to do given the lack of large game... though hare did the job well for their early lessons. Testament that small game was certainly no more easy to take down than large... and could take far more energy for so little a prize. 

The Ostrega nodded in understanding to Towhee's words; of course she would need to. The invitation was heard, and Hydra inquired, which direction are you headed? I can help you search for a while, if you happen to be heading the direction I had come from, after all, Towhee had cut Hydra's travel time a great deal by unwittingly meeting her as good as, if not more than, halfway. She did want to get back as swiftly as possible for her pack and children both, but could spare some time to help her longtime friend. If you could describe her scent, how would you? She asked next, wondering if such a thing was possible for her friend as it was for Hydra. Towhee herself had a particular blend of scent-notes that made her differ from all the rest... all wolves did, truth be told, herself included... and there was one that ever seemed to stick to them, no matter where they traveled to or who they kept company with. 

As Towhee spoke next, Hydra looked to her with a warmth that few, in their lifetime, would ever know from her. There is something else I wanted to ask of you, she admitted then, giving life to the thoughts that had come alive again in seeing her here. You are important to me. I wondered if you might look at my children as... family, somehow, she expressed. Hydra had not the word for godmother or godfather, and she asked for not for one but for all. Towhee was her best friend, as good as family to her... and she trusted Towhee to look after her children, if ever she should come across them. More than that, Towhee was the strongest wolf that she knew. 

Family was an important thing to Hydra, and she knew it was to Towhee, too—it was not something she asked lightly. Cousin-in-arms, or sister-in-arms... it would mean a lot to Hydra, though she did not expect her to say yes and would not be insulted to hear no, either.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 02:40 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 02:53 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 03:59 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 04:30 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 05:34 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 06:34 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 06:50 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 10:27 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 10:57 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 04, 2019, 10:34 AM