Haunted Wood ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Private 
@Arcturus coming along, @Vengeance ; backdated immediately after orochi thread, but 2 days travel-time!

They traveled swiftly, she and her brother, and they moved in silence. 

Revui was alive. He had left some time ago, true, and he had never returned... Hydra attributed his departure to either death, or abandonment. One thing she knew for certain was that he had not been among the Nightwalkers for all of that time, because the Nightwalkers own arrival had been recent. Revui was dim, dimmer than most; she could forgive him once for his absence if it was not meant, if something had kept him from being by their side, all of them—if something kept him from being there, when their parents had passed. From when her children were born. 

He had been granted leadership and simply quit them, though—bearscent and blood, his, and its own. Hydra admitted to herself now, fully, that she had thought him dead. He was alive, though. Beyond that, Hydra had not yet thought much—even with all the time they had on their journey to rescue. Only a little, such as...

Perhaps on his journey homeward bound, something went wrong. And now he was held captive by the Nightwalkers. Not for all that time of course, given they were too recently made to account for the entirety of his absence. He could answer that later, she had already decided, if he yet lived. Fury was all she let herself feel as they moved, but it was directionless here and now. Traveling did nothing to calm her, and by the time she arrived to the borders of the Nightwalkers she summoned @Vengeance

She and Arcturus had taken care to rest, knowing arriving exhausted would not be conducive if Vengeance revealed to them both he had elected to kill Revui after all; Hydra would have him answer for the grief and the rage she felt all at once, and to do so without rest would mean her own certain end. Not knowing the truth of his bloodline would not help him; he led, he commanded, and he ought to of known something. What use was a captive if there was no information gained from them? 

And if he knew, and kept him still... 

Hydra thought she smelled him there, though easily such a notion could be attributed to the cruel and horrible hope that he yet lived (horrible, for if it was not so... no. She would not think it, not yet). She waited, no indication at all of the violent stirrings within her upon her person. The Queen was calm, then—terribly calm. Stoic, and at ease, there was no tension upon her person; she would come to find out all she sought to know, one way or the other. Her attention was for the yawning stretch of shaded Woods before her, one swiveling ear searching for the sound of the Warlords approach while the other, alertly cupped forward, listened to all the rest.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Hydra - December 07, 2019, 07:06 PM
RE: ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Arcturus - December 07, 2019, 09:42 PM
RE: ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Vengeance - December 09, 2019, 01:22 PM
RE: ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Hydra - December 09, 2019, 01:46 PM
RE: ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Arcturus - December 09, 2019, 06:38 PM
RE: ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Vengeance - December 09, 2019, 06:56 PM
RE: ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Hydra - December 09, 2019, 07:50 PM
RE: ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Arcturus - December 18, 2019, 09:51 PM
RE: ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Vengeance - December 19, 2019, 01:16 PM
RE: ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Hydra - December 23, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: ain't no mercy in my smiling, only fangs - by Arcturus - January 22, 2020, 07:49 PM